What Is The Truth?

Start from the beginning

"Kittens!" She squealed and picked one of them up, while the other trotted towards me. "I love kittens!" She said, playing with the kitten.

"Meet their mother." I said, pointing at the newly arrived mother.

"Aww! She's white as snow!" Susan said, as the cat sprawled on her lap and rested her head on her knee.

"That's why I named her Snowhite." I said. Susan looked at me wide eyed.

"You named them?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I said. "Friends have names."

"That's cute." She said. "What is her name?" She asked, holding the half black- half white furrball.

"Daydream." I said.

"Hers?" She asked, now holding the white little kitty who resembled her mother a lot.

"Winter." I said. "Cause she was born in winter."

"And hers?" She said, holding the youngest one of the kittens.

"Chocolate." I said. "I like chocolates so."

"So basically, Daydream, Winter, Chocolate and their mother Snowhite are your friends." Susan said. I nodded.

"What about the father?" Susan asked.

"Well, after Snowhite and her mate had mated, her mate left her here and never came back. So, only her and her children." I explained.

"When did you meet them?" She asked, now patting Daydream and Chocolate.

"I grew up with Snowhite." I said. "So, I saw these three being born."

"Oh." She said. Then she looked at me, her eyes twinkling.

"I also had a cat as my pet." She said.

She's opening up to me.

"Oh yeah?" I asked. She nodded.

"Her name was Heartbeat." Susan said.

"Why?" I asked.

"She had a weak heart condition." Susan said. "So I and my little sister named her Heartbeat."

"So you have a sibling?" I asked.

"Had." She said. "She... and my parents... passed away... when I was 8.."

"Oh... i'm so sorry..." I said, actually meaning what I just told.

Not seeing your mother from birth is a different pain. But seeing your family pass away is another.

"It's okay, I'm fine." She said, smiling. A tint of sadness crossed her face.

"Do you know how they died?" She further continued.

I listened.

"They were attacked.... by a group of Mafia men."

My heart fell. Her parents were Killed?