A Nightmare's Curse

This was going to be a Halloween special that I posted in all of my books but I didn't finish it in time so it gets put into here lol.

Word count: 1600
--

"Schlatt. Please let us go." Y/N pleaded.

"Oh Y/N. You are so cute with your little pleads but they will be useless." Schlatt grinned from the other side of the prison bars.

"What do you want, Schlatt?" Dream asked, stepping in front of her protectively. She was glad he was so protective of her. After he had asked her to be his, he never left her side. Both of their armor and weapons were stripped away and Schlatt kept them in a small cell that was dug into a cave.

Schlatt grabbed a book off of a wooden desk, "I'm sure you've heard of The Nightmare's curse..." He hit the back of the book on his palm.

On the cover of the leather book was an orange smile, much like Dream's classic black smile but this one looked evil with a crooked smile, fangs hanging off the smile and evil glare of hollow eyes.

Dream's eyes widened and his breath hitched, "H-how did you- ?"

Schlatt chuckled, "I figured you had it. It only made sense."

"What is the Nightmare curse?" Y/N asked.

"The Nightmare's curse is a curse that is given to one person every one thousand years. It's an entity that possesses one under the right circumstances. The curse can be tracked down to one family. The Taken family! So after a bit of research I found out that you, Dream, was the next generation to receive it and I figured out how to summon Nightmare."

"Schlatt. You don't want to do this. He can't be controlled." Dream warned.

"I know what I'm doing. I will awaken Nightmare in you and he will cause terror in the SMP. It's brilliant really!" Schlatt said, psychotically.

"No Schlatt! You don't know what you are doing! If he comes, there will be no stopping it. He will kill everyone, even you." Dream said quickly.

Schlatt just rolled his eyes and opened the book, "Let's find out, shall we?"

Schlatt started to read odd words off of the book, "Mareridt," He started slowly.

"No." Dream spoke shakily.

"Besidder kontrol,"

"Ofre,"

"Stop!" Dream demanded. Dream tried to cover his ears.

"Om natten." Schlatt continued.

"Kom frem,"

Dream fell back against the back of the cell clutching his head. "Dream!" Y/N knelt down next to him trying to stop his pain. She clutched his shoulder as hs shivered under her touch.

"Tag hvad du ville,"

Dream let out a yell, his eyes squeezed shut and pulling at his hair. "Stop!" Y/N shouted at Schlatt.

"Strøm,"

Thunder crackled outside the cave, rattling the iron bars of the cell.

"Besiddelse,"

"Mareridt."

Schlatt looked up from the book as Dream fell silent, his eyes closed.

"Dream?" Y/N asked softly. He didn't move for a while making Y/N worry, "Drea-"

His eyes snapped open and his movement was so fast as he grabbed her neck and slammed her against the wall. His eyes glowed a horrible blood red with slits for pupils. The glow of his eyes reflected off his cheeks as he grinned. A dark cloak and black armor appeared on his body, making his bright green hoodie vanish.