AUTHOR'S CONCLUSION

Hello, everyone.

Thank you so much for reading my story. It has been so close to my heart for so long, and although it took me a while to finish, I am happy to announce that Giselle's story has finally come to a close. I know some of you may have some questions, so feel free to comment on this chapter, and I will reply and let you know what you're wondering.

Now... I would like to clear some things up.

If you go back and read through this entire fic, you might notice some plot holes. That's probably because I inconsistently updated this story, so there's some things I forgot when initially writing it. Also, I hadn't planned out the ending before I started the story, so take everything from the first few chapters with a grain of salt.

I appreciate all the love I have gotten on this story. Truthfully, this has been a complete labor of love and I am so honored that some of you have loved this story as much as I do. Now, considering I don't watch Criminal Minds anymore, it was a bit hard to write the last two chapters- so excuse me if they're a bit meh. It just felt wrong not giving Giselle an ending.

Anyways- let this be a formal farewell to all of you. I may continue to write for you all in the future, and I may not. Life is a bitch sometimes. 

But regardless of what my future holds, I want all of you to know that you are beautiful and so incredibly loved. Something I love about this story is how close it is to my life. Giselle's struggles with her body are identical to my own, and it's refreshing to write about it in a way that doesn't glamorize anything. I purposefully made Giselle's internal monologues long and descriptive (albeit annoying sometimes- I'm fully aware) because I wanted to capture what those moments in the mirror are truly like. It's absolutely irritating, tedious, annoying, and mind-numbing. That's what I wanted to get across in a pseudo-poetic manner. 

But don't let this story be an example of what your life should be. Giselle healed. She found someone else to help her, and although that can be nice, you don't need someone else to heal you if you're going through the same things that she does in this story. Find a way to love some part of yourself. It doesn't have to be your body at first. Take some time to appreciate the little things about yourself- your interests. Your talents. Then move on to bigger things- your personality. Your body. Take baby steps to find your way to self love. I promise you, loving who you are is so much more relieving than wondering if you will ever look like the other girls.

I love you all. With every fiber of my being. 

xoxo,

goobstan