Sweet Serenity

Upon arrival, Up realizes that Kao took him to eat at a restaurant with a beautiful night sky that he has never been to.

"So beautiful," Up thought.

The two of them ate while exchanging their thoughts and stories as usual. After that they decided to go to a karaoke place. The day always feels too fast for Up. He looked at the watch on his left hand which already showed 01:38 PM. They sang for a very long time in the karaoke room. After finished, Up thought Kao would take him home, but he didn't.

Kao took Up to a place very far, high. Up doesn't know where he is but he only put his trusts on Kao. After arriving, Kao parked his motorcycle. He told Up to look at the scene on the right.

Up turned his gaze to the right. He felt like he could see all parts of Bangkok. The night sky shows the full moon. You can see buildings, houses, and the hustle and bustle of the night. Up was just stunned. Kao got off and stood leaning on his motorcycle, Up sat sideways on Kao's motorcycle. They took off their helmets, remained silent and just enjoyed the night view. Kao started the conversation.

"Up, did you have fun today?"

"Of course. Whatever I do with you feels good. Especially today. A new experience for sure", Up replied with a bright smile.

"I want to say something".

Suddenly Kao said that in a sweet and sincere tone, as if he wanted to say something that would take Up by surprise. Up started to feel a different atomosphere. From a sweet friendship, to something more. From jokes to a deep conversations. He saw Kao took something out of his jacket. How surprised Up was to see what Kao took.

A ring.

Kao said in a soft voice, "Sorry if i surprised you. Even though we've only been together less than a year, i just know that you're the right person. You're the person I've always looking for and longed for, to make up for all of my shortcomings. Meeting you in the drama, it's like a destiny". Kao smiled, his ears and face reddened but he continued his sentence firmly.

"One thing for sure is that I won't be able to live without you from now on, and I can't contain my feelings anymore. I just want to make you mine. Sometimes when I see you with someone else, I feel jealous for no reason. I've been thinking about this. It's been a long time. There are so many things I wanted to tell you, about how grateful I am for all the things you did for me. Like the vinyl turntable player and plants that you gave me on my special day. Sorry i did this all of a sudden. But I just wanted to know right away". Kao holds Up's hand.

"Will you be a part of my life? not as a friend, but as my partner in life. Mine."

Up's face reddened, he was crying. Actually he cried already from the middle of the sentence. Up was very surprised and moved by Kao's words. His heart was beating at it's peak. Up shook his legs nervously, shedding tears. Kao waited for an answer as he held Up's hand and tried to calm him down.

Up remembers once again all the romantic scenes he did in the drama with Kao. All the feelings that turned out to be really exist, there from the beginning and he couldn't ignore anymore. Up said,

"Yes... i want to. I... i..", Up's cry made it difficult to speak. Kao hugs Up. Whispering the words Up really wanted to hear.

"I love you Up."

Kao slowly reached for Up's right hand to put the ring on Up's ring finger. Kao shed tears. Both of their faces were very red. After pairing the ring, Kao brought his lips closer to Up's, Up can't hear anything but the breath sound of the person in front of him. Their lips touched. Up could feel Kao's still dripping cry, blending with Up's cry through their touching cheeks. Their lips moved slowly but surely, trying to convey the feelings of love they had and had been hiding for so long. Up's hand pulled Kao closer. They kissed under the dim night light.

Both Kao and Up wiped tears from each other's faces

Both Kao and Up wiped tears from each other's faces. On Kao's motorcycle, both of them stayed until the sun started to rise. They exist in a world that belongs to the two of them, with much sweet serenity.

-end