11 - "Too soon?"

JJ

I wake up in the morning with a splitting headache, and Odie resting on my chest with one of her hands laced in my hair. Her eyes are puffy, and I'm scared I said something really bad last night.

"Hey." I whisper and she stirs slightly. "Sorry."

"No, it's fine, good morning." Her fingers wiggle in my hair. "How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts and I might piss the bed if you don't get off me within the next couple minutes."

"Makes sense." She nods and then rolls off me, squeezing into the small space between the wall and myself before I get up and rush off to the bathroom. I piss and by the end of the stream, I catch a look at myself in the mirror and literally scare myself.

"Jesus." I say and splash my face with water and rinse my mouth with mouthwash before going back to the beautiful brunette in bed. "What did I say?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Nothing too bad. I guess thanks are in order, for the hot tub."

"The Cats Ass." I correct her with the proper name

"That's what you called her." She smiles, rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?"

"Eight. I think our other compadres are going to wake up soon. Suns starting to hit the windows." I note, leaning back and she settles back on my chest, because the bed really is too small for the both of us. "What did I say last night?" I ask again.

"We didn't do a lot of talking. You did most of it. Talked about how you got the hot tub for us, called us your family, said scrimpin' and scrampin', I liked that part, and talked about how you wanted a little luxury in your life. I think you went overboard on the luxury, my house isn't even decked out like that."

"Well if JB don't want the tub, tell Alex to consider it a present."

"I think it should go back, personally." She responds and looks up at me. "But if you wanna give us a present, I think it'll make you number one in my dad's eyes too." She rests her hand on my chest, thumb coasting back and forth on my skin. God, I love this girl. I don't know what I would do without her.

"I got so drunk so fast last night."

"Didn't eat dinner. You told us after we cried in the hot tub and after I got you a Tupperware of pasta from my house." She laughs. "You almost puked after you ate, too."

"Oh God."

"You always call this my bucket?" She giggles and leans over me, grabbing a bucket that I didn't even see on my way in and out of this bed. A bucket I have famously called Odie's in the past. "It's yours now, baby." She smiles widely and then tosses it back to the ground.

"Can't wait to hear about this for the rest of my life." I sigh and lay back.

"Not the rest of it, but for a good chunk of it. I bet it'll just be me busting you too, Kie and Pope cried for fuckin' hours after you fell asleep." She explains. "The most heartbreaking part of it all, was how big your smile was in the beginning. Making it try to seem like what you did was casual, but it was the biggest present that you'll probably ever buy." She continues.

"I'm gonna buy this whole island with my cut of the money, so,"

"I'll throw my cut in too, if it helps."

"Nah, you're not allowed to." I shake my head. "Your gonna use your cut for whatever you want, Odes."

"Then an apartment. Two bedrooms, one for you. I'll pay rent, you just have to make me your famous pancakes every Sunday." She says softly, looking up at me and I practically tell her right there. It almost falls out right of my mouth. I love you.