Chapter 1

Dear Diary,

Today is the first day of my high school life, and right now, I can see a striking difference between elementary and high school. Back in my elementary days, I was the opposite of a wallflower. I was above average, and I had plenty of friends.

As I got out of the family car, I asked my dad what high school was like for him. My dad said that high school was the best year of his life. At this point, I can only hope for the same. I had high hopes for high school.

The day was remarkably ordinary. Nothing was enjoyable except for a few new students I have yet to meet and find out if they will become my friends. Seriously, it's the same old, same old. Four long years of this to go through and then some. 

Always,

KD

Dear Diary,

I finally met the new students, and they were okay. I think Jem will be a good friend since we're into the same things. EJ is interesting, but he is into musicals and stuff, so I am not sure if he's even straight. I don't have a gaydar. The girls are alright, I guess. I find Shai attractive and sweet. My best friend Anji is already getting close to her. However, Anji finds Jo, Kris, and Cara too snobbish and arrogant. She calls them the clique. I don't care about them; however, I care about my best friend.

I am fortunate enough to be seatmates with Anji. You're probably wondering why my best friend is a girl. Anji and I have been best friends since we were kids, and we grew up together. Our parents are best friends as well.

Anyway, as I said, I don't care about the new students. I generally don't care about much except for my family and, of course, my best friend. Homeroom is usually dull, what with introductions and stuff. Most of us have known each other since pre-school. Our homeroom teacher is Ms. Charm; she's pretty nice for a teacher, and she happens to be Anji's aunt. Her other aunt, Ms. Marie, is the head of the school. Anji doesn't like telling people that fact.

I guess I wouldn't either if I were in her shoes. More later. 

Always,

KD

Dear Diary,

A week has already gone by. I am sorry if I am only writing now. I have been very busy with school and stuff. The first week was like a trial period. And now, the hard work begins.

I have been doing pretty well so far. And of course, I have Anji to thank for that. She always makes sure that I understand everything. She always helps me out in class.

It's been pretty average so far. Nothing interesting has happened yet. 

Always,

KD

Dear Diary,

Something weird happened earlier today in class. The door to our classroom got stuck, and we couldn't open it. We practically got locked in!

It took almost an hour to get the door open, and of course, our teachers thought that we did that on purpose and almost got mad until they saw the looks on the girl's faces. The girls were terrified.

It's a good thing Anji managed to explain the situation to her aunt. The door is pretty old already, so it is no surprise that it got stuck. Our teacher kept the door open for the rest of the day.

I never thought I experienced that in high school. 

Always,

KD