Chapter 10: Facing Katie

*** Fred's Point of View: ***

I was pacing back and forth in front of the lake, George was sitting underneath a tree, reading what looked to be one of Katie's story journals. She would kill George if she knew he had it. I stopped pacing and grinned at the thought of her chasing us around the castle trying to get her book back. We'd jump behind a pillar, but she'd out smart us and take a short cut we'd told her about. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair as I stared down at the water, seeing my reflection stare back at me on the glass like surface. 

 Suddenly I saw two of myself. I looked to my left and saw that George had joined me at the waters edge. "Thinking about her?" he asked, I nodded and sighed, turning and walking back to the tree. I looked up when I heard two girlish giggles, I saw two girls skipping towards us. One stopped the moment she set eyes on me, the other continued to walk, but turned when she noticed her friend wasn't at her side. I saw the first girl start to slowly back away and turn towards the castle. 

George leaned against the tree and nodded towards the girls, who were now back on their way towards us. "Who are they?" he asked, flipping through the pages. 

I shrugged, "don't know, mate..." I trailed off at the end. "But something about them seems familiar."

 He looked back down at the book and laughed loudly. "Remember this?" he asked, handing the book to me.

"Poor baby!" Frankie sneered, holding the teddy bear out by the river. 

I cried as the bear slowly started to slip from his fingers. There was no stopping the "evil Frank." I sat down on the cold, wet ground and looked blankly up at him. For a nine year old he sure was a jerk! 

"Frank!" I heard and whipped my head around to see his twin, Gregg, running towards us. "Leave Kat alone and give her the bear."

Gregg had always been the nice one. But Frank was nice when he wanted to be, I guess it was the red hair that made him moody? Everyone in the family were gingers, everyone but me. Everyone, but me, had brown eyes. Everyone, but me, belonged. I was an outcast within my own family. 

While Frank and Gregg were glaring at each other I jumped to my feet, ripped the Teddy out of Frank's hand and sprinted towards the falling apart shed that we all called a house. I burst through the kitchen door, ignoring my mom's greeting and darted up to the stairs to my shared room. The door slammed shut behind me as I fell face first on my bed. 

Minutes later I heard muffled voices outside the door, "look what you've done, idiot!" 

"Not my fault! She stole Junior!" That was Frank, so the other one was Gregg. 

I snapped the book shut and threw it to the ground. I couldn't finish reading it, it was so obvious who the characters were based off of. I sat down, placing my head in my hands in frustration.Why did I always have to be so stupid! I am such a prat to her and now I can't even apologize! She's probably gonna hate me forever! 

"Hello boys!" came a voice. George and I turned and saw Hermione smiling at us, a girl hiding shyly behind her. 

"Hey Hermy!" George greeted with a smirk. 

She glared at him and threw a balled up piece of paper at his chest. He looked at her in confusion before opening it up slowly. His eyes moved over the words, widening once he'd finished reading it. He handed it to me, his eyes stuck on the girl behind Hermione, the girl that I still could not see. 

I took the note from my twin with a roll of my eyes. I smoothed out some of the wrinkles and read the note myself.

Hello twins,

It's me! Remember? The girl you lied to for eleven years? The one you called a friend and sister? The one who trusted you with her life? No! Well, that's not surprising, forgotten me already? Why does that not surprise me? It's a shame to see that you two aren't stuck with Snape in detention, I honestly thought you two would get in trouble... or at least I hoped. Okay, that's it! 

~ Kaitlinn

PS The only reason I'm not hexing you to pieces or trying to murder you is because Hermione has convinced me to "listen" to you. I'm pretty sure the conversation will go like you two try to apologize, I get pissed and try top kill you, we all get detention and I never talk to you again.

I looked back up at Hermione and saw the girl standing behind her had moved to her side. Their, at the side of the tree, stood our littlest sister, the Slytherin. Kaitlinn. Oh shi- shoot...