Grill sat on the couch, mindlessly watching whatever would come on the TV. Anything to take his mind off- him. Chill stepped in, only greeting Grill with a glance of acknowledgement. He checked the time on his phone.

"I-it's only 3! I still have time, w-wanna hang out for a bit, Grill?" Chill spoke with a calm tone, as he always did. His tone was soft and genuine.

"Don't see why not," Grill grumbled in response. Chill paid no mind to his tone— after all, it was nothing new. He was always like this.

Chill sat down on the couch, next to Grill. "S-so, how have things been?" He enquired.

"Same as they always are. How 'bout you?" Grill dodged the question- he couldn't tell Chill just how much his heart ached for him.

"Oh- t-thanks for asking, bro! I bet you've seen us, but I've started dating Brew! I'm actually really happy with him, he's so sweet and I'm so excited for everything- I-I actually have a date with him really soon!" He rambled, fidgeting with the sleeves of his hoodie.

"Dressed like that? And at 3am? It's pretty warm..." Grill spoke with concern, before correcting himself, "Nevermind, it's probably fine."

"N-nah bro, you're right, it is pretty warm..." He looked up the weather- 75⁰F- it would likely get colder as the night went on, but... He would only be waiting outside for a few minutes... It would be fine. He took off his hoodie, sitting it on the back of the couch.

Grill was hit with a scent- a heavy perfume with the smell of the ocean, the scent Chill always wore. The scent was like heaven to him, it felt like a fluffy cloud above a blazing sunset.

"So uh, when is he picking you up again?" Grill asked. He hadn't been told, but he wanted to know.

"A-at 3:10, which-" Chill cut himself off with a gasp. "I'M 5 MINUTES LATE!" He rushed out the door before Grill could even respond.

Grill glanced at the hoodie. It would be nice just to touch it, he thought. He gently touched it, feeling the soft fibers against his hand... He must've just washed it. Grill glanced around, then grabbed and held the hoodie, pulling it to his chest. It was... Almost like hugging Chill, to some degree. He always pretended not to like it, but he adored Chill's affection. If only he hadn't pretended to hate it so much...

He once again glanced around, then put the hoodie on himself. It was comfortable and warm, and it smelled like Chill... He buried his face in it, allowing himself to daydream.

Meanwhile, Chill waited on the curb of the sidewalk. Brew must've been running late too, or maybe he was going to come back around. Surely he wouldn't forget his boyfriend... And yet, it began to seem more and more like he had. At this point, 20 minutes had past since Chill had stepped out, and it was getting chilly. He opened his phone, looking for a text from Brew, an apology for running late, or... Nothing. Just a text from Grill reminding him to stay safe from 15 minutes ago.

"Brew? Did you forget about our date?" He texted. He... Didn't get a response, not until 10 minutes later.

"Chill, I don't think I can handle a relationship after all. I'm so sorry to break your heart, especially in this way."

Chill's eyes welled up with tears. He ran home and began to lament to Grill, beginning to cry. "H-he ghosted me! He set me up and left me to freeze outside for 35 minutes, and—" He stopped in his tracks. Was Grill wearing his hoodie? And... Had he fallen asleep, with his face buried in it? Chill chuckled, wiping his tears as quickly as they fell. He gently moved Grill, sitting his head on Chill's lap. He fidgeted with his hair gently, smiling softly.

Grill's going to be so mad when he wakes up, he thought with a soft laugh.