## 1

a year ago 

"i'll wait for you" eric quietly mumbled to y/n, words full of regret as he gave up on his first love. she had fallen in love with another guy, someone who appeared out of no where, whilst he was forever there for her. but he can't change her heart, her feelings are for sunwoo. not eric.

now

moving to a new city, moving into a new college, it was a step in eric's life for the first time so far away from y/n, he had always spent his time with her - but it was time to let go. he had spent this opportunity to apply for a new job and got the job at a local cafe just before the term would start, decorated with a minimal interior painted with soft neutral tones accompanied with wooden furnitures, him and hyunjun ( his best friend who he had met on this move ) were the part-time workers who covered the shifts after school and occasionally the morning,, both broke college students who were desperate for money. despite the need for money they were both fond of making beverages and shared a love for serving customers and making other people smile.

today was another shift for eric sohn, it was no burden to come to work he simply enjoyed the aroma of coffee beans and the sense of the thrill that comes from seeing the customers especially this one customer who had recently been visiting the cafe regularly, ordering the exact same thing.

eric pov

as i set up the cups and tables a familiar dig rang "coming!" i announced to the customer wrapping up my cleaning supplies ready to make the first drink of the day, i look up to see the same customer that girl who always orders the same drink, "the regular?" i asked assuming she'd order it again as she nodded forming a cute eye smile which i couldn't see properly due to her mask.

i quickly brewed up the order : iced vanilla matcha with extra cold foam, fluffy as the clouds. adding the final touches of finely sprinkled matcha powder on top, and delivered the beverage to the girl who sat in the same corner perfect sunlight had hit her face, not blindingly but just enough to make her features glisten. her supplies, laptop ; pens ; headphones ; and more had made up the table..

"enjoy!" i brightly added trying to get her attention, "thank you" she smiled with that charming eye smile once again, i let her work on what i assume to be school work and served another customer, what was odd was that whenever i worked she was there yet when i was with hyunjun she never showed up.

nevertheless i was there to work not admire the customers, orders came flooding in as usually but handling this all by myself was a struggle thankfully i would play krnb to destress my mood, before i knew it, hours passed and it was time once again for me to hand over to hyunjun for the afternoon yet that girl never left she was still working on her things, it makes me curious as to what she does.

"eric!" hyunjun entered ready to takeover this shift, "how are you?" he asked, "im okay what about you?" i reply back "good thanks, did you see any pretty customers?" he smirked as i looked towards that corner once again but she was no where to be found, "nah not really" he laughed at me as i hung up my apron back into place. "i'll get going then hyung!" i say awkwardly wanting to leave, he hums as customers flood in once again.

i got into my car which i drove all the way back home, my commute around an hour away from the cafe. why so far? well i'm moving to this area in a few weeks which reminded myself to look for a new apartment, unfortunately due to my lack of money a student accommodation is all i could afford, "oh what can i find" i sigh to myself hoping to find atleast a half decent flat able to sustain myself, scrolling went on for a while til i spotted an apartment with the description 'one bedroom with an en suite, one kitchen and living room' "perfect" i said to myself, i soon applied for the place and awaited the phone call.

the next morning i woke up to my loud parents who would always wake me up with music thank god im leaving that racket of a home, also for the fact i didn't need to face y/n anymore, after she started dating sunwoo we became more distant and that made my heart break even more. but besides her i'll live my life to the fullest its her loss i guess, just then a ring awoke me fully "hello?" i ask the unknown caller id,

"is this eric sohn?" the person asked and i replied with a yes "congrats! you're application was successful you can move in as soon as you want" the person delightedly announced as i silently squealed behind the phone, "oh my thank you thank you!" i kept eagerly answered thanking the person until my mouth could no longer form the words 'thank you' because i must say, its tiring. i happily grabbed my breakfast and began packing my things. a new city and a new life coming my way.

roommatesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें