#26 {Winter Fairytale}

"CHRISTMAS BREAK" A high pitched voice slowly made its way downstairs to where Kenma was drinking his morning coffee.

"Morning." He pointed to the other cup beside him, motioning that it was y/n's coffee he made earlier.

"Good Morning my lovely apartment buddy!!" She sat next to him, almost falling off the chair.

"Looks like someone ate sweets in their dreams. What's up?" The male smiled faintly.

Y/n blew and chugged on the coffee as quick as she could before turning to face Kenma.

"Let's go buy presents today!" Her face had the expression of a child experiencing Christmas for the first time.

"Sure." He simply retracted his eyes and continued to drink his coffee. As he does so, y/n had discussed what stuff they should buy so they can be back home quicker.

"What would Kuroo like?"

"Death."

"Felt. But seriously, what would he like?"

The two spent about a mere thirty minutes figuring out what their friends would like. The same friends that will possibly buy them toys for Christmas.

"I guess that's all of them. Oh, and I'm not telling you what I'm getting for you!" She unintentionally made a small 'hmph' sound at the end.

"I don't even know what I'll get you.." Kenma said which made it seem like he didn't buy her a gift. Well, of course that was a lie, he had been planning y/n's present since November.

"Hm.. well that's fine, let's just spend the holidays together." She still had the widest grin and this left a pang in the blonde's chest. Guilt probably because of what he last said?

"That'll be great." He responded in such simplicity yet meant it wholeheartedly.

___________________

The two traveled from store to store, searching for items that'll fit their friends' interest. Maybe got a bit too ahead of themselves as they were stacked with stuff they wouldn't even gift to someone and just put it to use in their house.

They met some of their viewers and took alot longer in choosing the right present, making their plans to be home early, fail. It was also quite hard to drive around the piles of snow.

At the distance, the park where they'd usually pass by at were covered in dangling lights and decorations; it looked so enchanting. Both decided to hang around there for a while, taking in the nice Christmas air.

There were fireworks testers somewhere that was causing the loud thumps and colorful scenery by the trees. This seemed more like a date than a normal shopping spree by the looks of it.

"So, will you be going home next week?" Kenma asked while they walk around the colorful pathway.

"I don't think so, I mean, my brother is here so my parents might just visit. What about you?"

"I'll have to after new year, though I'll come back quickly since Christmas break will be over by then." He slumped a bit.

Tranquillity drifted around the air as the two made their way around the area. Neither of them uttering a word like synchronising the silence with the mood.

This day felt really short for some reason but it was fun either way. Just hope that the holidays won't pass this quickly.

Going back to earlier morning, y/n's thought process was mainly about having their first Christmas together. It's been a lot while where she'd spend it with a friend after all.