Chapter 16

Jisoo's POV 

I was so sure of Jennie, the future we will have, and everything but today I woke up and felt like she wasn't so sure of me anymore. 

I never intended to be selfish, especially to Lisa, my sister. I know that she's been through a lot, and our parents' divorce created a permanent scar on her. I love my sister so much and I don't want to cause her any harm or pain. I know what I did in the car was stupid, but I can't stand the idea of Jennie being in love with someone other than me.

Our relationship was perfect until Jennie, my everything falls for someone else. I hate the way that I can't hate her or Lisa. I don't hate them not even a little. I love both of them dearly. 

So I blame myself; perhaps I made a mistake. Maybe I'm so focused on basketball and accomplishing all of these things that I don't have time for Jennie. Maybe I didn't show her enough love or support to make her feel like a queen. Maybe I didn't give her enough attention. All those maybes become insecurities which I can't control so I did what I did even though I know it was wrong in the first place. I know it's not reasonable that I caused harm to Lisa. I wouldn't know what I would do if something really bad happens to her. I wasn't thinking straight and I regret every action I made that day. 

I was cut off my thoughts when I felt a hand touch mine. I know that familiar spark. I can only feel it with one person. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Jennie asked smiling softly at me.

I glanced at her, and I could see the anguish and pain in her eyes, which reminded me of my sister's, despite Jennie's best efforts to hide it. I've known she's been crying every night since she told me about the Lisa situation, and I can hear her faint cries every time we sleep next to each other. And as much as I wanted to hate her, I couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Jen?"

"yeah?"

"Do you have plans later?" Jennie really took good care of me and I wanted to thank her by treating her now that I can slightly walk on my own.

"I'm sorry chu but Irene texted me that we have a very important meeting later at the back of the school in the old pool. you know how she can be when it comes to meetings."  

I admit that I got disappointed but Jennie is right Irene can be a scary monster when it comes to blackvelvet she loves that group so much. 

"Maybe next time?" 

I smiled at her.

"next time." She agreed, smiling at me but the smile she gave me is not the smile that is used to be reserved for me.

I choose to ignore that bad feeling I have maybe I just need her to be near me. 

"I know my body hurts like hell now but can you hug me?" I really needed her to be close to me so that I can feel her.

Without hesitation, she carefully encircled her arms around me and her warmth engulfed me. I can't just let this precious woman go. As we are lying in my bed silence fell between the two of us. I caress her hair and my heartfelt happiness. Even though my body is sore I hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. I can't let go of her. 

I remember the first time that I asked her out it was one of the happiest day of my life. Everything was so beautiful and nothing hurt back then. 

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my head. yeah, this is what I get for drinking too much on a Friday night. Four questions immediately crossed my mind.