Then, about a week before the exams were due to start, Harry's new resolution not to interfere in anything that didn't concern him was put to an unexpected test. Walking back from the library on his own one afternoon, he heard somebody whimpering from a classroom up ahead. As he drew closer, he heard Quirrell's voice.

"No – no – not again, please –"

It sounded as though someone was threatening him. Harry moved closer.

"All right – all right –" he heard Quirrell sob.

The next second, Quirrell came hurrying out of the classroom straightening his turban. He was pale and looked as though he was about to cry. He strode out of sight; Harry didn't think Quirrell had even noticed him. He waited until Quirrell's footsteps had disappeared, then peered into the classroom. It was empty, but a door stood ajar at the other end. Harry was halfway toward it before he remembered what he'd promised himself about not meddling.

All the same, he'd have gambled twelve Sorcerer's Stones that Snape had just left the room, and from what Harry had just heard, Snape would be walking with a new spring in his step – Quirrell seemed to have given in at last.

Harry suddenly came back to the library, where Hermione was testing Ron and me on Astronomy. Harry told us what he'd heard.

Y/N POV:

"Snape's done it, then!" said Ron. "If Quirrell's told him how to break his Anti-Dark Force spell –"

"There's still Fluffy, though," said Hermione.

"Maybe Snape's found out how to get past him without asking Hagrid," said Hermione, looking up at the thousands of books surrounding them. "I bet there's a book somewhere in here telling you how to get past a giant three-headed dog. So what do we do, Harry?"

The light of adventure was kindling again in Ron's eyes, but Hermione answered before Harry could.

"Go to Dumbledore. That's what we should have done ages ago. If we try anything ourselves we'll be thrown out for sure."

"But we've got no proof!" said Harry. "Quirrell's too scared to back us up. Snape's only got to say he doesn't know how the troll got in at Halloween and that he was nowhere near the third floor – who do you think they'll believe him or us? It's not exactly a secret we hate him, Dumbledore'll think we made it up to get him sacked. Filch wouldn't help us if his life depended on it, he's too friendly with Snape, and the more students get thrown out, the better, he'll think. And don't forget, we're not supposed to know about the Stone or Fluffy. That'll take a lot of explaining."

Hermione looked convinced, but Ron didn't.

"If we just do a bit of poking around –"

"Where's your sense of adventure, Harry?" I asked, agreeing with Ron.

"No," said Harry flatly, "we've done enough poking around."

"Hey, 'Mione, What time is it?" I asked.

"10 AM why?"

"Shit. Um... guys I have to go meet Lynn somewhere. See you around," I grabbed my books shoving them in my bag and ran out of the library. 

I ran down to the corner of the forest once again. Lynn was there looking around impatiently for me. 

"Hey! Sorry, I'm late. I got caught up on studying," I said while giving her a side hug.

"It's okay. Come on! Just follow the light," she said while winking playfully at me.

I grabbed her hand and we followed the light. Trough the forest and in front of the door. That magnificent door that had an outline covered with beautiful black roses. Once again my hand goes around the doorknob. I twist and pull.

We look all around us take a deep breath and step forward.

We walk towards the small rowing boat docked in front of us. We climb in and push out the little boat to the other side of the lake. As beautiful as ever sitting down in that shiny grass was my mother.

"I thought you wouldn't come," Said mum

"Y/N got caught up with studying, sorry about that," Said Lynn, while getting out of the boat. I followed shortly after.