xiii. 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Which is how we found out about the Russians." Steve slapped Robins shoulder slightly.

"Russians? Wait, what Russians?" Jonathan gave an alarming look.

"The Russians!" Steve yelled, motioning toward the car.

"Those were Russians?" Max gapped.

"Some of them." Erica nodded.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas gave a wide eyed look down to his sister.

"Hang on, how did you get involved?" Peter gave a look toward his brother.

"Dad sent me to the mall to look for you, you're in deep shit when we go home, and then I ran into Steve, who said mom and Sal have been fighting and that we're not going to the beach house anymore. And then Robin knocked me over running around the mall, talking about codes. Then I had to follow them so Steve wouldn't die! How did you get involved?"

Peter flushed in embarrassment. "I just- I just followed Max and El."

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin looked toward Mike.

"Yeah. I couldn't understand what you were saying." Mike huffed with wide eyes.

"Goddam low battery." Dustin sighed.

"How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve yelled over in Dustin's direction.

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it, Steve?" Dustin rolled his eyes.

"Worked out? We almost died!" Erica gave him a look of disbelief.

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?" Dustin gave a point her way.

El let Peter go, he'd thought she just needed a second to breath and take a seat behind them.

"Oh! Shit! I almost forgot!" Peter announced, grabbing Wesley's shoulder. "William! Will! Come here, small one, come on."

Will made his way through the group and Peter grabbed his shoulder as well, pulling him closer so him and Wesley were some what face to face. "I think the two of you will get along perfectly. Wesley, did you know Will is super cool and is how we knew where to look for the monster that tried to take El? Will, did you know that Wesley has his Hardship? That means he can drive without an adult even though he isn't sixteen yet."

"I'm not really good." Wesley shook his head.

"What kind of car is it?" Will asked, staying cowered a bit behind Peter.

"1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass." Wesley said back with a raise of his eyebrows. "And it's blue. With a great radio."

"Do you listen to Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" Will walked a bit from behind Peter as he asked.

"Sure! The Clash is great." Wesley nodded his head. "We only get to drive to school in the mornings though so I only get three songs in."

A thump made Peters head snap over, seeing El on the mall floor. "El!"

They rushed to her side, but he got to her first. Leaning down, he held her head in his lap. "What's the matter? Is it your powers? You're using them too much?"

"My leg." she cried softly.

"Her leg, her leg. Okay." Jonathan nodded, rolling up El's pant leg. Peter really didn't mean to let out a gag at the sight, looking away as he paled.

"Peter!" Wesley slapped him upside the head.

"Im so sorry, El. I'm so sorry." Peter shook his head, keeping his gaze away from her leg but ran a hand through her hair, head still in his lap. El began to cry out more, his gaze snapping down at her. "What is it? Are you okay? El? El?"