#one

There I stood:on my front porch ready to face the music. Summer was over and so was my break from reality. This past year had been hell for me. My mom died and I took on drinking and drugs as a coping meathod. The girl I was last year didn't care,she let her friends walk all over her ,she took shit from bullies. She was lost. Boarding school changed me,for the worst. My dad sent me there thinking I would come back and be fixed, but you cant fix something that's totally and utterly broken.

I walked to school switching my eyes between my flash feed and the sidewalk infront of me. I arrived at the building and searched around for my first class.

"Okay I know its hard to focus the first week back, but lets settle down" The blonde teacher comanded politely

I looked up from my phone screen and  saw Nicki sitting on Seans lap in front of me. I rolled my eyes and looked back at my phone

"In your seats phones away"

The class starred to settle down and people put their phones away.

"My name is Miss Dawson, this is 11th grade English. I will be working with the ROTC so you'll be seeing me in uniform.Lets get one thing straight:I was one of you once,I love my phone. I get it but I want you to put them away during class. Okay,who did the summer reading?" She asked.

Two girls slowly raised their hands looking around the classroom.

"Who are you two brave souls"

The brunette put her hand down.

"Rowan Fricks."

The blond girl then put her hand down.

"Hailey Jensen."

I hung out with Hailey and her friends last summer.

I looked to the other side of the classroom where the blonde boy sat confortably in his seat with a stupid smirk plastered on his face as he put his hand down.

" No disrespect Miss, but I heard you were in Afghanistan. Thank you for serving our country. I was actually thinking about joining after I graduate"

I guess I really didnʻt know him.

"How do you have time for books when you're like anihilating Hodgies"He asked

And there it is.

"You should read more so you dont look like such a dumbass"The teacher said.

Everyone in the class gasped quietly.

"Your name" Miss Dawson asked.

"Brandon Darrow, do you want my number too? How old are you anyway"He asked her

"I donʻt think that was any of your business, did you bring your book?"She asked

He held it up .
"Right here"He said smartly.

"Does everyone have their book"She asked scanning the classroom. Her eyes stopped and focased on me. Without another word she silently walked over to my desk and placed the book she was holding down before retaking her place at the front of the classroom.

I felt a set of eyes staring me down. He didn't look away once I met his eyes with mine. The look on his face was filled with dejection,yet he kept that smirk. I broke eyecontact with Brandon when Mrs. Dawson spoke up.

The bell rang dismissing thr class.As I walked out of the class room and began to walk down the hallway my phone buzzed in my back pocket. I took it out and checked the notification. An account had tagged me in a flash. I clicked it open and watched the clip. The person in the video was being recordef by someone hiding behind a black car.They pointed a gun at the girl and pulled the trigger just as the video looped.