Chapter 1 - The New Home

|                       Hey Alis-tics (My fans) hope you like my first story!                           |                                                                                              (Alicia's Point Of View)

     I had just placed my foot on the wooden doorstep of what was supposed to be my new home. It seemed very vacuous to move into a new house and a new town. Vacuous, because there was no actual reason to move. We were very happy with our home in Delaware. I guess it was just another one of my mom's absurd idea's. She had heard from a friend that this is a very pleasant place. So here we are! Oh I completely forgot to introduce myself, my name is Alicia Beckman and I am fucked. Oops, excuse my language, I guess I'm just not happy with what's going on. The thing that I hated the most about moving, is that I would be miles away from my boyfriend and my close friend's. Plus observing my surroundings I don't think there are any other sixteen year-old's living in this kind of neighborhood. This neighborhood is rather strange, there is no one outside, all the window's of the house's are covered, and the plant's surrounding them seem dead. I'm already starting to get frustrated by this place. Urghh God, I might as well step inside. The first thing I see when I step inside is my dad unpacking his camera and equipment. I can't believe he brought those! I thought this was a new beginning, I guess some people don't change. My dad is obsessed with photography and filmography. 

     The house looks like it's been around for ages. On the outside it looks old and gloomy but from the inside the house, hate to admit it, it actually looks nice. Although the furniture could be updated to something more of this era, it's not too acute. The pupil's of my eye's dilated as they captured the arrangement of the house. The living room was cornered with shabby cream-colored walls and the kitchen was straight across from it. I glanced at the kitchen and saw my mom feeding Anne, my baby sister. I kept exploring. In between the kitchen and living room there was a hall that led to the stairs. Before I could reach the stairs, a cold tenebrous breeze hit me. I paused for a second and noticed there were two doors, one to my left and the other to my right. I am guessing one of them is my parent's room cause they told me they'll be sleeping downstairs. I have no clue where the other door leads to. As I amble my way to the door, the door slowly opens by itself with an eerie creaky noise. Before I could infiltrate the room, someone abruptly grabs me by the shoulder. "So what do you think?", a familiar voice asked. I jumped with a start. "Mom!", I yelled. "You scared the shit out of me. You can't just creep up on me like that." My mom looked at me with a 'I-didn't-mean-to-scare-you' look. "I'm sorry sweetie, I thought you saw me coming.", she said restfully. I gave her a smile. "Let's go check out your new room.", she suggested. I nodded my head in agreement. 

     As we were walking up the stairs I noticed that these stairs were extremely noisy, just like the wooden floor downstairs. Surprisingly, the stairs didn't break. When I perceived the four rooms, one to your left and two to your right, I was curious to know which room I was going to get. "So which one of them is my room?", I asked mom. She pointed to the room at the far right. The room on the far right was rather dark. Although there was light coming from the window's, it seemed like everything went dark in that corner. I walked towards the room and opened the door. Filled with curiosity my mom followed me into the room. There was a single bed to your right. The bed was placed like the letter T, with the tail of the T being the bed and the straight part being the wall. If you get what I mean? Anyways next to the bed on the left side was a one-night-stand. Then there was a long lamp in the left corner and a huge window next to the bed. My brain was buzzing with excitement because idea's kept flowing in. Yet again I am an artist, so creativity is what I live for. I am going to put that there, and that there. Change the color of that, Oh and don't forget to adjust that. It wouldn't actually turn out to be that bad. While I was daydreaming on what could be, I realized my mom had been looking at me the whole time. Surely, she wanted to hear my reaction. "It actually isn't that bad.", I let out. "See, I told you you would like the place.", Mom said gladly. "I still don't know how I am going to make friends here. This place and neighborhood, it's nothing like home." I said. "You will be fine. Why don't you let Bolt out for a walk? Maybe then you will get to know the neighborhood.", Mom suggested. "Okay fine, I'll do it just for Bolt's sake.", I said diligently. Bolt is my four month old Golden Retriever puppy, we got him a month ago at a Pet store. 

     I made my way downstairs and put on Bolt's leash. He was very excited. Well, he is still a pup. I left the house and made my way down the damp street. I had no idea where I was going. But it was all a matter of getting to know the neighborhood. Bolt was picking up all kinds of new scents. His nose was wet and all over the place. All the houses in this neighborhood were built the same and it made the place look really dull. As I got to the far end of the street I see a young girl, of somewhat my age. She's just standing there. So I decided to walk over to her and see if she's okay. "Hey! Is everything alright?", I ask her politely. She turns her face and that's when I notice her bright hazel eyes, rosy cheeks and auburn hair. "Yeah, I'm okay. Wait? Who are you?", she said bewildered. "I just moved here today. I live at 2269, if I remember the house number correctly.", I said. "2269? How can you live in that house?", she asked mysteriously. "How do you mean. What happened?", I asked. Before the girl with the auburn hair could say anything further, she ran off.