The agent burned the files in the trash can, "Ms. Stark, Captain Rogers, not even your contacts at SHIELD can know." Steve and Mandy nodded. "let us go look around. You'll be safe here. Try has the place locked down since we have Howard out. Why don't
We enjoy lunch and allow me a chance to say good bye to my boys." The  four would set off into the museum once they were in agreement.

__ __  __

The new adventure Mandy had set foot on would lead to the exposure of more than she and Steve ever thought. Mandy, by going undercover, watched as Hydra agents targeted Steve and other Avengers. She stood side by side with the President and watched as her best friend became public enemy number one.

Mandy would step aside to assist Steve when she came face to face with someone from her past. Mandys feeling and connections to Bucky had turned to be true. In front of Mandy stood a ghost.

"Bucky?" Said Steve. Bucky locked eyes with Mandy, "who the hell is Bucky?" Mandy stepped forward, "Bucky wait!" In a cloud of smoke Bucky was gone and in the next the group was surrounded by soldiers. "Star," said Steve looking to Mandy, "get out of here." Mandy shook her head but was cut off, "go." Mandy nodded and in the seconds she was back at the Oval Office face to face with President Ellis.

"Mandy?" Said Ellis, "what happened? You came back early." Mandy stood there with tears in her eyes. Ellis got up from his desk and walked over to Mandy to hug her, "in the last 5 years you and I have seen crazy things. You have stood in front of me and protected my family threw it all. Mandy what has you shaken up? You look like you've seen a ghost." Mandy wiped her tears away, "I have and I can't do anything about it. If I leave again you're at risk and until this ends we can't do anything." Mandy took Ellis's hands, "thank you sir. These last 5 years have been rough but you've welcomed me into your home and your family. Thank you." Ellis smiled, "so," Ellis looked at his watch, "we're due home in about an hour. How about we go for a walk." Mandy smiled, "Crepes in Paris?" Ellis shook his head, "I think the old switch and a walk through Central Park would be fine. At this time of day Stark tower is lit up. Your son is quite the genius." Mandy smiled, "yes. That would be great."

Mandy used her gifs and in seconds they were in Central Park. Covered in disguises the two were sat looking up at the tower. "Do you ever think back to your time back then?" Asked Ellis. Mandy nodded her head, "for the longest time I was alone. I grew up through the 30's alone. I was fortunate to have found a place to take me in. I got lucky and with that luck I found Howard. Mathew," Mandy looked to Ellis, "that rainy night nearly a century ago changed my life. The love of my life appeared at my feet drenched from the rain and he gave me the opportunity no women could of ever gotten during the 40's." Mandy looked down at her feet, "I woke up here and got lucky again. My son, he's 10 years old now. It's 2014. I'm nearly 100 years old and I have a child who should be approaching 70 but never got to live the life he should have." Ellis spoke, "I'm sorry." Mandy looked to Ellis, "Mathew, I haven't seen my son since we parted ways in the museum and I have thought long and hard about what I'd do when this was finished," Mandy looked back to the tower, "when I went down the world was at war. When I woke I was granted nearly 5 years of peace before a new war pulled me away from him. Im a soldier. Im no mother. My youngest is up their with his brother. I don't know how I'm going to face them when this is all over." Ellis stood up, "we're cloaked still. Let's go see them." Mandy got wide eyed as she stood up, "sir?" Ellis nodded, "He's got that place locked up like a fortress. Shall we?" Mandy nodded then the two headed for the tower.

———

When the elevator doors opened up Mandy and Ellis were greeted by Tony. "Jarvis, tell pepper to come home. Please order in." Jarvis would respond as Mandy and Ellis stepped off the elevator and into the living space, "welcome to our home Mr. President. What do I owe the pleasure?" Mandy interrupted, "We came as a warning. Things are going sideways and Steve's been arrested. This assignment has grown far bigger than we ever thought and in the coming days things will only get worse. Anthony, please get out of the city for while. You know what I'm up against. They've already paid a visit and knowing that Steve and I are married, I'm sure they'll pay you another one soon." Tony nodded, "he misses you mom. We both do." Ellis spoke up, "send word to the misses that we won't be going home tonight. go tuck him in. If it alright with Mr. Stark, we will stay so you can have time with your family." Tony looked to Ellis, "you and your family will be safe here. If Steve's been captured then I'm sure he'll need help." Mandy shook her head, "this is one fight he needs to finish alone and one long chat I need to have with both of you. To tell you the truth about what I can really do."