Go Away Romeo.Part 1 (Banana Pancakes and Paradise)

If you people get all offended by racy writing... sucks to be you, don't read my stuff. There will be cursing, just a warning.

“Nice toss Jules.” Claire commented, taking a long drag on her smoldering cigarette. She hacked up the smoke, eyes watering.

 I threw another rock into the lake chuckling as she coughed out the grey smoke.

            “Put out the cancer stick, Air-Claire. The boys aren’t even around.” I rolled my eyes.

            “Whatever.” She mumbled, flicking the butt into the lake. I gave a satisfied smile as it sank in the water. She came to the edge of the sand and plopped down next to me.

            “Girlie, you reek.” I laughed, waving a hand in front of my face dramatically.

            “Shut up, whore.” She responded pushing my shoulder gently.

            “Whore?” I scoffed. “Check your vagina, mines not a black hole.”

            “At least I get some,” She teased back. “Little Miss Chastity Belt.”

            “Oh please, you wouldn’t know chastity if it kicked you in the boob.” I replied. “And its not like I can’t get any, the guys in school are just so clingy.”

            I scrunched up my nose. “If I did one of them they'd get it in their heads that I like them or something.”

            “Not all of them are like that.” She breathed as the guys pulled up in the boat.

            “Of course not. Adam’s cool.” I reassured her, glancing to her boyfriend who was docking the boat.

            He’s a good guy, and it only took him like, five minutes to realize if he breaks her heart I’ll kick his ass. Smart boy.

            “Yo, Juliet!” Luke called to me from the boat. “You coming out?”

            I shook my head. “Nah, my mom thinks I’m babysitting ‘til eleven so I should probably head out.”

            My phone buzzed from beside me. “Speak of the devil.”

            Out of the corner of my eye I saw Claire tense us as she did whenever one of our parents called.

            Me: Hello Mom.

            Mom: Your father and I are going to sleep now. When you get home clean the kitchen and if its not sparkling your father will be very angry.

            Me: Okay.

            The line clicked and I snapped shut my phone.

            Claire gave me a sympathetic look as she stood up, brushing the sand off of the butt. “You gonna be okay walking back to the car? Luke can go with you if you want.”

            She leaned down to whisper. “He has a thing for you, you know.”

            “He also has like, five STD’s.” I replied collecting my things trying not to brush the bruise on my side from my fathers drinking binge last week.

            “Claire, you coming?” Adam called from the boat.

            “Yeah,” She replied, shooting me another look of pity.