Once Tommy was done reading he took the pen and signed his name sloppily at the bottom. Sam took the paper, taking a quick scan over the signature.

“Alright Tommy, I will open the locker for you. Put everything in the chests.” Sam ordered. 

Tommy walked into the locker room and started to empty his inventory into it. Once he came out he saw me. “Is that a woman?” He asked.

“Yes Tommy.” Sam answered annoyed, “That is Tip, my head guard.” Sam told him to go down the hallway for a personal check. I stood guard still. I had always wondered what the prisoner was like. 

I was left alone in the lobby to guard for around 20 minutes. There was a rumble, causing me to stabilize myself and then an explosion sound echoed around the prison. The alarms started to go off. My heart sank. 

Was the prisoner escaping? 

Sam ran in a few seconds later, “Tip! Come with me!”

“What is happening?” I asked, following him through the portal.

“There was an explosion during the visit! The prison is on lock down!” Sam said quickly.

“Did the prisoner get out?” I asked him. 

“No. Thankfully. But Tommy is locked up with him right now.”  

We headed outside and he used his trident to get up to the roof of the prison. I followed him up with my own. 

The flat roof was barren and no one was in sight. Sam walked around and I explored as well.

I looked down and saw black scorch marks on the dark obsidian. The obsidian looked undamaged but there was definitely an explosion here.

“Sam! Over here!” I called to him. He ran over and crouched over the black marks and brushed his finger in the soot. 

“This is over the main cell.” Sam muttered. 

“The obsidian is undamaged though. I think it was just a scare.” I noted, looking around for a suspect. 

“Still I don’t like it. I’m going to figure this out before I even open that cell again.” Sam stood up, pounding his trident on the roof.

“Sam. That could take a while. We have to get Tommy out of there.” I argued.

“Yes I know but this could be a trick. I’m not falling for anything. Tommy signed the paper, he knew the risk.” Sam started to walk away from the explosion mark, “I want you to watch the prison while I look around. I don't want anyone going in or out.”

“Alright. Good luck Sam.” I nodded. 

He flew off with his trident and I went down to the ground and into the prison. I turned off the portal. 

That was the last visitor to the main cell. Tommy had been locked up in the cell for a month. Sam didn’t tell me what happened but the prisoner did something to the boy.

Once Tommy left he was jumpy about nearly everything. He freaked out when Sam and I were in armor but we refused to take it off. What did the prisoner do to him to make him fear everything?

This guy really must have been a psychopath to do that to someone who seemed so innocent. Visitors were no longer allowed until one person came.

A young man, short but still taller than me. He and Sam had gone out to talk for a while. He had dark black hair covered by a blue beanie but he almost didn’t look human when it came to his face.

He was definitely human but the left side of his face was almost missing. The skin was ripped off. His ear was stretched and ripped while the other ear had lots of gold earrings.