5.9: Family Dinner

Začít od začátku

"Indeed."

"Maybe I should take you on another tour," Nyxeus muses thoughtfully, sitting across from Linda.

"That sounds wonderful," God replies earnestly. "I offer to show you around the Silver City in return. You'd be welcome to join, Lucifer."

The devil scoffs as he takes a seat at the end of the table, "I think I'll pass, thanks."

"Michael, do shut up," Nyxeus says with a hiss, glaring at the angel next to him.

"I wasn't saying anything," Michael counters in annoyance.

"But your thoughts are stupidly loud. Fo'zri, tell your shit-child he thinks loudly. And he's mean."

Lucifer snorts quietly, idly wondering if he should have sucked up his ego and sat next to Michael to keep Nyxeus away from him. Then he shrugs, deciding this way is more amusing.

"This sweet bread," Linda cuts in before anything major can erupt, "Is it human-safe? It smells delicious."

"Of course, it's safe for you, Linda," Nyxeus replies with a smile. "We wouldn't bring anything you couldn't enjoy with us. Most draconian foods are, though the flavour of some might not be to your tastes."

"Blood isn't tasteful to most, love," Lucifer counters.

"But Luci—"

"If you try to convince me to eat another bite of any sort of raw meat, Nyxeus—"

"But it's good!"

"No, it's not! Amenadiel!"

"It's really not, Nyxeus. Maybe to draconians, but not to celestials or humans."

Nyxeus huffs and scowls at his plate. Lucifer chuckles lightly, patting his lover's knee under the table. He doesn't miss Michael rolling his eyes with a scoff, and he catches his twin's eye with a glare that Michael returns.

"Shall we begin?" God asks, a smile of amusement on his lips.

"Oh, yes!" Nyxeus brightens again. "Would you like to say thanks?"

"If you wish." The celestial closes his eyes and brings his hands together in a prayer position. "Creator, thank you for this life and this blessing of joy. We are grateful for all you have given and allowed, and for this magic we may possess. Until true death comes for us, we remain your children."

There's a moment of silence with heads bowed, before the divines begin moving.

"Wow," Linda breathes. "That was... beautiful."

God smiles, "Thank you. The Creator doesn't ask for thanks, but we like to do so."

A gentle hum ripples in the air, a soft touch of magic filling the room. Both God and Nyxeus close their eyes and let the magic surround them, while Linda and the three angels curiously look around, feeling the presence but not quite knowing what it is.

It fades just the way as it came, slowly trickling away again.

"Creator calls me child," Nyxeus mumbles with a half-hearted scowl.

God chuckles softly and begins filling his plate, the rest of the table doing the same.

"A few table rules," the elder celestial says, sternly eying his sons.

"Oh, great." Lucifer smiles wryly. "More rules to follow."

"One, Lucifer, don't bring family problems into this tonight," God continues. "I want a nice family dinner. Family confrontation can wait until tomorrow. Two, Michael, do try not to aggravate Lucifer or Nyxeus, or me either for that matter. And I do mean try, not your bare minimum effort. Three, Amenadiel—"