chapter 3 • and you can afford the extra laundry detergent, city girl

Comincia dall'inizio

"didn't know, now you do. you're welcome." ace smiled. "remember, if it's in your face, it must be ace."

"he is so fucking annoying." i said.

"well, you guys may not be blabbing locker room secrets, but someone sure is." sophie said.

"whoever it is, they're in huge trouble." bella said.

when we went to the locker rooms, sawyer was shoving his finger in my face.

"get your dirty fucking finger out of my face." i said.

"sorry i don't have expensive rings like you, cherry." sawyer said sarcastically.

"don't worry babe, i'll give you one." i said, pulling a wad of wad of cash out of my purse, and taking a ring off my finger.

i shoved both things into his pocket.

"you are in huge trouble." sawyer said. "and i don't want your stupid things."

"you don't really think we leaked this." bella said.

"oh please, you guys are the new people on the team." newt said.

"and you guys are girls." sawyer said.

"so?" i asked.

"so girls stay stuff! you seem 'em do it everywhere, all willy-nilly and whatnot." sawyer said.

"what the fuck is willy-nilly? it sounds like what a white guy calls his penis! like those cookies." i said.

"the dudes right." ricky cut off the conversation.

"totally willy-nilly." luis agreed.

"wow, you caught us! we girls open our mouths and occasionally, words come out! i guess we're guilty." bella said.

"she admits it!" newt pointed out.

the team gasped.

"that was sarcasm." bella said.

"you guys are dumb." i scoffed.

"i'm not dumb! don't go quotin' your fancy green philosophers go me, city girl." sawyer defended.

"don't talk to me unless you're miles morales." i put a hand up.

troy walked into the locker room, shouting at some kids who were probably laughing at him.

"troy, you're my wide receiver, i'm your qb. you trust us, right? tell these guys you know i didn't do it." bella said.

"oh, you guys did it." troy said, joining the rest of the
team.

"why would we do that? i couldn't care less that you guys listen to glitter cheeks." i scoffed.

"because you guys are girls. everybody knows girls have enlarged gossip glands." troy said.

"and when those glands absorb the gossip juice, they just excrete it. that's not me, that's science." troy said.

"what science class do y'all go to?" bella asked. "you know what? we're going to prove we didn't do this."

"you guys go do that, blabber back!" newt said.

i turned around, staring at newt.

"wow sawyer, that was way too far." newt turned.

"what? no, i would say that to cherry." sawyer changed his mind.

"bitch." i said.

"city girl!"

"weird vaquero!"

"what's a vaquero?"

bella and i walked to ace's office.