9 - why let him ruin it?

Start from the beginning

"im good! how have you been?" she said, looking down at our feet and syncing her steps with mine.

"meh, ive been okay." i said, kicking a rock across the sidewalk.

"oh god, whats going on?" she said, looking over at me.

"well, im going to florida for a month, in like, two and a half weeks? its because nick wants to meet his dumb friend dream," i groaned.

"hey, at least you get a free trip to florida!" she joked.

i laughed at her remark. she was right, im literally getting a free trip to florida, so why let dream ruin it?

"youre right," i smiled as we entered the cafe.

we ordered our usual and sat at our usual table, catching up and just enjoying each others company.

ever since we started college, we only get to hangout once or twice a month, and considering we used to hangout everyday that really isnt a lot.

"so, how are things going with hailey?" i teased.

she giggled a bit. "its going gooood, we actually have a date tonight at her place!"

"shit, have fun! text me if anything happens," i smirked.

"stop! its not like that," she laughed.

"mhm.." i chuckled.

ring... ring... ring...

"shit- sorry, its nick," i said, stepping away from the table and outside of the cafe."

"hello?" i said, picking up.

"spencer! where are you?" he asked.

"at the cafe with mae, why?"

"oh, okay. well, i just wanted to tell you that were leaving for florida in two days, and staying until september. or maybe longer, who knows."

"WHAT?!" i shouted, causing a few people passing by to glare at me.

"dont be mad, please!"

"how can i not be mad? you cant just make these plans and not include me in the making!" i argued.

"i know youre upset, but please understand, hes literally my bestfriend, since i was 12, this might be my only chance to see him for a while; or maybe ever. also, can you come help me pack?"

it was obvious he was lying. he plans to move in with him in a few years, but he does have a point. they have been friends forever, and this may be the only chance he gets to see him for at least a few months.

"fine. on my way. oh- and no later than january." i sighed, hanging up immediately.

scratch that- 2 days until florida...

i walked over to my car, pulling out my phone to text mae.

! imessage ¡

MAE!!!!
—–——————

hey, turns out were leaving for florida on friday, im so sorry but i have to go back home to help nick pack and get everything ready, i promise you we will hangout before we leave !!

MAE!!!!
its okay!!! dont worry, you go do what you need to do. love you!! <3

love you most <3

———————

! real life ¡

i quickly got into my car and drove home as fast as possible. which didn't take long, considering i live 5 minutes away from the cafe.

when i finally got home, i went straight to nicks room.

"hello?" i said, flinging the door open.

"oh, hey!" he said, turning his desk chair towards me.

"you need help packing, but you havent even started? was this your way of asking me to pack for you?" i said, looking around his room.

"no, i was gonna start! im just finalizing details with dream."

"mm okay," i said, quickly grabbing his suitcase from his closet.

"soo, what do you wanna pack?" i said, looking through his closet.

"well, dream already has a pc ready for me there, and you can bring your laptop, and really all i need is clothes and shampoo and shit," he said, taking his headphones off and placing them on the desk.

"okay, you pack your clothes then. im gonna go pack for myself," i said, walking out of his room and across the hall to mine.

i grabbed my suitcase and packed the majority of my closet, and a few different pairs of shoes. some bikinis, one-pieces, and some hoodies and cardigans, and basically everything. i decided to leave my toiletries, laptop, and all that for the day of, so i zipped up my suitcase and flopped onto my bed.

i was exhausted, so why not take a nap? i flopped onto my bed and got under my blanket. i closed my eyes, smiling as i slowly drifted off.  

---

hey !! sorry for the long break bewteen updates, i have lottss of personal stuff going on but im doing alright now :) thank u all sm for everything, ily!