♡1♡

It was spring.

The sun was high, the sky was blue, the birds were singing and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

The new school year was about to start along with the basketball season. And like many other students, the Seirin basketball team was preparing themselves for the start of school.

All aside from one Seirin member.

.

Kagami woke up to the blinding sunshine streaking through the gaps of his dark red curtains. His vision slowly came into focus and he attempted to move his body when he noticed an arm slung over his abdomen and a slender fair leg on top of his own.

His dark red pupils landed on the beautiful girl's face which was close to his.

Feeling his movement, the girl's eyes fluttered open and vibrant green ones stared back a Kagami's red.

"Morning," she mumbled in a small hoarse voice.

Kagami blushed and kissed her forehead before replying in a gruff tone, "Morning."

The two stared at each other for a minute before a loud cry broke through the atmosphere.

"And he's up," Kagami let out a sigh. Gwen giggled and moved her limbs away to let the boy get up.

Kagami rolled out of bed and walked over to the cot before bending down to pick up the plump rice ball and coax him.

"Okay, okay, mommy's up now. She'll give your food," Kagami rocked the baby and took him to the girl sitting up in his bed. The little guy calmed down after being held by his father and stared at him with wide eyes.

Kagami carefully handed the child over to his mom who already lifted up her shirt to breastfeed the little rice ball. 

Although Kagami's seen it multiple times now, he still grew flustered and quickly left the room with a red face making Gwen laugh at his cuteness. 

Honestly, he was just too innocent. She would've bet anything that had it not been for 'that' night, Kagami wouldn't have touched a girl till he turned thirty.

Yes, it was 'that' night that landed the two teens into this situation.

--Flashback--

A year ago.

Kagami was in America for the holidays before the start of high school. While the boy spent most of his time on the courts playing basketball, he did have a couple of friends with who he sometimes hung out. 

And this week, there was going to be a party at one of the guy's houses while his parents were out of town. The guy who was hosting the party was wealthy and lived in one of those massive L.A. mansions so without hesitation, the invitations grew at an alarming rate till nearly 80 teenagers and a couple of older youths turned up.

Kagami was invited along with Gwen, who at the time, was simply friends. But for some reason, the two had this chemistry that was noticed by everyone but themselves. And this party was the night their 'friends' decided to give a little push by pulling a prank on them.

Kagami, as a basketball player training under a strict mentor, refused any type of alcohol and only drank some juice. Gwen was the same except for the reason she hated the taste of alcohol.

Unknown to the pair, someone had slipped some sort of drug, an aphrodisiac if you will, into their cups and as the drug took effect, they were both shown to the same room.

--Flashback End--

It wasn't difficult to figure out what exactly happened after.

Both were completely horrified the next morning and Kagami received a slap on the face. But, once the two found out how they ended up in that state, they were furious and Gwen quickly apologized to Kagami for falsely accusing him.

After that, they decided not to speak of the event ever again. 

That was, until a couple of weeks later when Gwen inadvertently found out she was pregnant.

Suffice to say it was chaos after that.

Gwen's parents were stunned as were Kagami's father. At first, the two sides were furious with their kids but when the duo explained in detail what happened, the parents were angry at their friends and basically told them to cut ties with the ones who pulled the prank.

And despite everything, both Kagami and Gwen did not want an abortion. 

Kagami was an idiot but he understood he needed to take responsibility and Gwen already felt a bond with the child in her stomach and refused to have it taken away. Gwen's parents were apprehensive at first but said that as long as the two got married in the future, they would have no qualms about the situation.

Marriage was a bit far away but neither Kagami nor Gwen were particularly repulsed at each other and neither had any other relationships so they decided, why not?

If anything, after their one-night-stand, the two did feel a spark of attraction towards each other but because of that night, they couldn't meet each other's eyes. But this sudden pregnancy awoke those feelings once again and the two undoubtedly liked each other. A lot more than regular friends.

But then came the separation.

Kagami was due to return to Japan but didn't want to leave Gwen during her pregnancy. However, she insisted she'd be fine with her mother with her and told him to go. 

They kept in touch every day and finally met up again when Kagami returned to the States for training. By then, her stomach was really big and she could often feel the little monkey kicking inside.

Eventually, Kagami had to leave but before that, the two families had made a plan for Gwen and the baby to go over once school was finished. The families didn't want them to be separated for too long and Gwen's parents were surprisingly chill about letting their daughter live with him.

Gwen was responsible enough to take care of herself and Kagami, to her and her parent's shock was a master housewife when he needed to be. He was an excellent cook and great at keeping the house clean so this gave them much more relief.

In the end, Gwen gave birth a few weeks early and it was just after the Winter Cup. Kagami immediately went to the States and finally, he met his child for the first time.

The little bugger, as Kagami calls him, was tiny. Probably a result of his premature birth. And he had a striking resemblance to the teen boy with his dual-colored red hair. The only difference was he sported his mother's green eyes which weren't as fierce as his father's.

The family of three came to Japan after a couple of weeks and arrived just in time for Kagami to start his second year of high school.

Now that they were back, there was no way Kagami could hide them from his team but he had no idea how to tell them. 

As the non-thinker he was, he decided to just let things flow naturally. 

For the topic of school, Gwen still needed education but she opted for online school which was becoming more popular in recent years. That way, she could take care of baby Shion.

Kagami Shion was the little rice ball's name.

They both decided on it because his English counterpart would be Shawn which was Gwen's father's name.

Kagami could take care of the house duties and cooking. 

Kagami's father was a rich man who only had Kagami as his son so it wouldn't be false to say that he spoiled Kagami often. Thankfully the boy hadn't developed a pompous attitude because of it but at the same time, Kagami acted more like a street thug than some rich kid.

The old man took it upon himself to send monthly cheques to his son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law along with his grandson. With money enough to pay for all their expenses, both wants and needs.

So, in summary, the family of three was able to live without too much worry.