21

"Hey Gryffindor," Cedric whispered in Lexi's ear as he took Harry's spot at the Gryffindor table not a minute later.

Alexis smiled warmly, "Hey Pufflehuff."

The Hufflepuff chuckled and greeted the rest of the Gryffindors, receiving reproaching stares from the rest of the great hall. It was only a minute or so after Cedric sat down that Harry and Ron returned with smiles, they sat down on the other side of Cedric so that Harry was in between him and Ron.

"Doing good, mate?" Cedric asked as he put an arm around the younger boy's shoulders, bringing a smile to Lexi's face.

Harry considered for a moment, "Better. Y'know it's just sucks, this was supposed to be your thing, not mine."

Cedric chuckled, "Nah, it was never my thing, it was whoever became the Hogwarts champion... that's us."

The youngest Gryffindor of the group smiled somewhat relieved yet still not convinced.

"Well..." Lexi started a few seconds later, grabbing her best friend's hand, "We have Defence Against the Dark Arts with the old psychopath, so we'll be on our way now." The twins and Lee groaned as the girls got up—Lexi pulling Cedric with her, "See you guys later," she directed it at the fourth year trio.

As the sixth years went through the day, Lexi noticed something that a majority of the school seemed to be wearing. It wasn't until lunch when she found out what they actually were.

Lexi and Cedric walked into the great hall after Transfiguration to sit at the Gryffindor table once again. All houses but Gryffindor were wearing some sort of badge that kept changing when you tapped it.

One of the Slytherin fifth years was walking down the Gryffindor table, handing out the badges just to spite the red house. The boy walked past Lexi and Cedric with a grin, chucking two at them.

"We support you, Cedric!" he cheered, smirking at Lexi as if to provoke her.

As the Slytherin moved away, the best friends looked at each other confusedly before picking up the badges and inspecting them. As soon as they turned from the picture that said 'SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY— THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION!' Lexi dropped hers in disgust, as did the boy next to her.

Just at that moment, the fourth years entered the great hall from their last class and descended at the table. Draco Malfoy made a scene of walking past Harry and pressing his badge to make the words 'POTTER STINKS!' appear.

"Like the badge, Potter?" he snarled and left for his own house table.

Harry's head flicked around to snatch on of the badges at Lexi and Cedric's hands. He examined it with a furious and horrified face, then looked up to the faces in front of him.

Cedric raised his hands in innocence, "I swear, Harry, I had nothing to do with it," then his face angered slightly, "We only just saw them ourselves."

"You know it's true Harry, we would have never participated in this." Lexi assured her younger brother. Then with fast motion, she stood up on her bench and yelled to the whole hall.

"ALL OF YOU TAKE THOSE DISGUSTING BADGES OFF RIGHT NOW BEFORE I TEST MY HEXES ON YOU!"

Lexi had a large influence on the Hogwarts students, so when she yelled at them, they were sure to throw the badges off in fright of catching a disease or getting further yelled at.

They all smiled proudly at the Slytherin, who were the only ones still wearing the badges.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3