Chapter one.

Jessica's POV

I got up, not wanting to go to school at all. One reason, I didn't understand why school was even invented. Two, bullies. I Brushed my teeth, jumped into my clothes, and rushed downstairs. My dad already had breakfast made, but he just wasn't at home. He works too much. I ate the eggs and left the sausage for my brother. I ran out the door and walked to school. Today it didn't feel that far away, usually I feel like I'm walking all the way to New York. I'm skinny, just lazy. I got to school, almost late, and put all my books into my locker and grabbed my Social Studies book and walked to class. I sat in the back, as usual, and sank into my chair. The teacher came in, Ten Minutes late, and announced that we had a new student. Although, he wasn't even here.

Justin's POV

This school is weird. I never really went to a real school. I sighed and took a sip of water out of the fountain looking for my class. Then I saw my Social Studies teacher come towards me. Darn it. I knew I was in trouble.

"Come on, your classmates are waiting for you."

I followed him into the Social Studies room, looking around to see who was in my class. Before the teacher could start talking, almost twenty five girls came over, surrounding me. It was crazy. I just wanted to sit down. I was up all night wondering how school was going to go, and now I just want to sleep. I peeked through the crowd, looking for a seat, trying to get through. Then I saw this girl. Her hair, perfectly straight and brown. She was beautiful. She didn't even look up. I walked over to her, sitting next to her. The crowd started to settle down and they went back to their seats.

Jessica's POV

I looked over at him, shy, as usual. I didn't even know what was so big about this kid. I mean, ya, he's cute and all, but really? The whole class of girls crowding him? I sighed and flipped open my book, my hair falling back onto my shoulder making a curtain between Justin and I, so I wouldn't look at him. Too late, I guess.

"Hey, I'm Justin, whats your name?"

I looked up at him all shy, and responded,

"I'm Jessica."

I saw him smile a little bit while I looked back at my book listening to the teacher for once. I don't really like this kid. I was looking over my book, trying to get the write answers, and then I noticed Justin sleeping in the corner of my eye. I shaked him, and he woke up but fell out of his chair. Everyone started laughing except for me. Justin got back up into his seat, and said "Thanks, saved me from a detention." I nodded. We where picking out partners for our project. Of course, there was nobody in the room I could work with, because I didn't have any friends, so I got stuck with Justin.

Justin's POV

I leaned over next to Jessica and said,

"We can work at my house. Is today after school good?"

"Yeah I guess so."

I saw her kick herself under the table.

"Where do you live though?"

I thought for a second. I thought she knew where I lived? Oh well.

"I live right next door to you."

She looked like she had just been struck in the heart.

"Oh, so your the neighbors."

I chuckled under my breath.

"I guess I am."

I turned around, looking at my book, answering the questions. Then I saw these 2 girls go up to Jessica. They said, "Hey Jess" and shoved her books onto the floor. I picked them up for her, and then glared at them. They looked confused and said, "Hey cutie." I just ignored them and sat back down in my seat. They where so mean. They asked me, "Are you busy tonight? I know Jessica isn't. Who would be stupid enough to go on a date with her?" and they laughed. I stood up, just as the bell rang. Right when Jessica put her black varsity jacket on, I slipped my arm around her shoulder. "Jess and I are going out tonight. So uh, that counts as being busy." I saw one of the girls hide a laugh. Jessica just looked up and me confused. One of them said, "Is that so Jessica?" My heart sank, and I gulped. I didn't know if she was going to cut me off or not. She replied, "Ya, uhhm. Right." I let out a breath of fresh air in relief. I can't believe she covered for me. As the girls left, Jessica shook her shoulder to get me to take my hand off. She didn't say anything. I said, "Thanks a lot Jessica. You saved me, and I guess I saved you too." She shoved her books angrily into her backpack. "Save Me?" She hissed. "I wouldn't go that far. They think we're dating now Justin!" I guess I didn't have the words come out right when I said we where 'going out' tonight. "You still are coming over after school right? "That depends, Justin." She hissed. "Why are you whispering Jess?" She replied, "I don't know, bad hobbit. But you still aren't off the hook Bieber!" She stormed out of the class and into the hall. I watched her leave and I slipped on my jacket. I didn't know why she was mad, but I know I still like her. I caught myself smiling, as I walked out of the school.