Chapter 6: An Uncanny Assault

Start from the beginning

The nurse bowed her head to Phoenix and the rest of the team members and slowly left the infirmary room. As Phoenix sat down next to Yoru's bed, he started to say out loud, "I'm sorry that I failed you my friend. I know that maybe you were worried about [Your Name] more than I did deep down. Everyone is feeling the same way, although there is something with [Your Name] that doesn't seem right."

Brimstone had his hand underneath his chin in thought and then he finally said, "Yeah, you're right. [Your Name] is actually a special kid."

Everyone looked at him as if they want to blame him for holding such secrets. "What, what I do?"

"Tell us, Brimstone, what is so special about [Your Name]?" Phoenix said. "Why did KAY/O capture [Your Name]?"

"Well to put it simply, she's kind of like a walking beacon for Yoru. Her heart is a dimensional attribution center that feeds memories into her brain and predicts the future with her dreams," Brimstone explained in confidence.

Everyone stared at Brimstone and their changes went from angered to confusion. Phoenix was shaking his head, "As much as I would give you credit for your effort in scientific terminology, what the hell do you mean by dimensional attribution center? You mean she can predict the future pretty much."

"Yes exactly. She has psychic powers, which is why the United States agency sent her here to hone such abilities to her behalf."

"But why doesn't she tell us? Is she scared to tell us what she had predicted?" Viper asked as she sat down on a chair nearby.

Phoenix looked down and remembered what you said about Yoru's death. "Guys, I remember what [Your Name] said when she first woke up in the infirmary after her first mission. She predicted about Yoru dying. It was a nightmare but she didn't want to tell you guys because it would-"

"Make everyone and most especially me worry," Yoru suddenly said.

Everyone turned and found Yoru wide awake. "Geez, you guys are so loud in the infirmary that I had to wake up," Yoru said as he had his other free hand held up to his forehead due to all the stitches.

"Hey Yoru! Oh my god, guess I have to break her promise now. She promised me not to tell you all about it. It scares her to see you dying, Yoru."

Yoru looked down in thought and said, "I will rescue her soon... because she has given so much meaning. I don't know why but she just... I just feel connected with her more when we fight together."

"Maybe that was the one that you were looking for, a connection between partners. A partner that unites both abilities into one action. With your dimensional rifting and her prediction, you guys are an unstoppable force!" Phoenix exclaimed as he nearly punched his bandaged arm.

"Punch my bandaged arm and I'll make sure to grab a water hose and blast your face with it," Yoru shouted with rage in his eyes.

Phoenix yelped in fear and leaped off the chair. "Chill man, chill! I was just joking! Even I am upset at the fact that he's got your girl, mate."

Yoru felt like he wanted to punch but he knew that both his arms wouldn't work with him at the moment so he just settled into the infirmary bed slowly.

"I'll make sure to tear KAY/O's batteries off and make sure he never operates again!" Yoru exclaimed.

Brimstone gently walked over to Yoru and patted his shoulder gently. "We understand your frustration, Yoru. We'll get him and rescue [Your Name], we'll make sure of it and you can get your revenge." Yoru nodded firmly and the team left the infirmary room. Killjoy was the only one that looked back at Yoru and explained, "You need to open up a bit more, and I know that [Your Name] needs you the most out of all of us."

As Killjoy slowly closed the door, Yoru gently settled his head onto the soft infirmary pillow and thought, "Maybe... I'm starting to fall for you slowly, [Your Name], why are you in my head? I will rescue you, I swear..."

---------------------------------------

As the days flew, Yoru managed to get his strength back. He was in the training room, using the punching bag to insert his anger. With each punch he soon kept having images of [Your Name], smiling and then it all went dark and suddenly he saw KAY/O laughing at him as he took [Your Name] into the fiery flames and disappearing out of sight. With that, Yoru managed to land two punches and a jump kick onto the punching bag, just enough for it to topple downward off of the chain hook. Yoru pants heavily as sweat drenched his entire body.
I swear... I'll never ignore you again [Your Name].

Yoru heard a shout from the training room entrance. As Yoru put on his blue coat, he rushed to the operations room and found Brimstone in front of the digital projector, seeing several red dots across the global map.
"Brimstone, what the hell is this..." Yoru asked as he stood beside him.
"It seems that KAY/O is planning on world domination. He's planted multiple spikes across the globe," Brimstone explained as his head tilted in worry.
"Such an abomination...! What do we do, we can't reach those Spikes in time. How long until they blow up?"
"KAY/O sent this video throughout the entire world," As Brimstone pressed the button in the digital keypad, the screen changed, revealing KAY/O within his operation room.
"Greetings, puny human race. I came to inform you that your lives are meaningless, you will soon fall at the hands of these Spike canisters that which I have placed all across the world. You have exactly thirty hours to find them all, time is ticking! Oh and another thing..."
The camera shifted to what looks to be you hanged at the wall trapped with cuffs. Blood was still dripping and you were unconscious.
"[Your Name]!" Yoru shouted.
"Yoru, I know you're seeing this but yes I want to fuel your hatred more! Come to me Yoru, for I want your heart, with your powers, I will conquer along with the rest of the Valorant agents! I know every single one of you are like gems of my ultimate creation! The ultimate being that no human can withstand! Nothing shall stop me from achieving my reality, the human race shall be exterminated and soon, robotics will take over this wretched planet!"
The video ended and it was silence throughout the room. Yoru broke silence when he slammed his fist near a plain white wall. "Damn KAY/O!"
"Easy there soldier, I understand your frustration. Let us discuss about our plan first on how we will disable the bombs. Right now we need to split in different groups of two in order to apprehend this dilemma. Viper and Sova you take the Icebox, Killjoy and Reyna, you take Japan, Breach and Phoenix will take Ireland, Jett and I will take India, and as for the Antarctic well..." Brimstone looked down with one set of fingers beneath his chin in doubt.
"I'll be the one to do the Antarctic, by myself," Yoru explained.
"But you must rescue [Your Name] first!" Killjoy explained.
"Well we are all occupied right now! Where is their base of operations? I'll tear through them!" Yoru exclaimed.
"Their base of operations is located in Australia, in the mountainous area," Brimstone explained as he typed at the digital screen.
"Then I'll start the operation by settling the score with KAY/O fair and square! He'll regret ever crossing my path!"