CH.8 Unknown Secrets

The manager was bubbling for an hour standing beside the projected presentation at the front of the conference room. I didn't get a single word of it. The only thing I knew was the silver pen swirling between my index finger and thumb moving the wheel of thoughts in my mind. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't concentrate. Someone has already stolen my attention leaving none for anyone.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Sire's suspicious looks which were questioning me with his eyes. Our eyes met and he already knew what I wanted from him. He wrapped the meeting quickly dismissing everyone out of the conference room.

"Satisfied?" He said.

"Very much." Grinning in satisfaction I left the room making my way to my own office. The room was empty as usual in my absence, only the sun peeked in my office while I was away. It was shining bright on the yellow roses sitting in a crystal vase at the right side of my desk. The yellow color of the roses were looking golden under the sunlight.

It's the same bunch Angela sent me instead of her answer but whatever comes from her is a bliss anyway whether it would be a yes or a bunch of flowers. But after a long time I really laughed heartily for the note inside that bunch. I smiled remembering the note. She signed it similar to ones I sent her. She was still escaping, tempting me to come after her more desperately than before.

The roses are beautiful.

However, I don't know what pink roses mean but I'm sure yellow stands for separation.

A.S

My little crazy angel. Yellow isn't the color of separation, it's the color of friendship.

One hand in my pocket facing the view out of my office window I scoop a flower bud in my hand caressing it with my thumb as if it was her cheeks I was touching. Beautiful, loveable and so delicate.

"Mr. Kingman?" At the hearing of my PA's voice I turn around waiting for his reason

"Greg is here. Should I..."

"Let him in." I ordered before he would be able to finish. His arrival is unusual at this time. He was informed to not make an appearance unless there is something important happening around.

"Sir." He greets first thing after entering the office. Dressed in a cream color suit and a brown tie to go with, he was carrying a brown office brief in his right hand.

"What was so important that brought you here?" Circling the walnut wooden desk, I sit in my chair behind it. Pointing at the chairs in front of me I ushered with my gaze asking him to take a seat.

"The guy you asked me to investigate about..."

"What about him?" I asked immediately, cutting him off mid sentence. I didn't have time for useless long presentations. I needed the information.

"He is a part of those years when Miss. Stephan didn't want to have an image in public as one of the heirs of Stephan's. First years of her life, no one knew who was the princess of Stephan's, nor Miss Stephan revealed anything about what she was doing in that period or who she was in relationship with. The dates and address of the club you provided me was of no use either, there wasn't a record of such an employee working there. Seems like someone vanished all the traces of those years except for this one picture..." He slides the picture over my desk toward me.

A boy around 21 was standing with a younger Angela face half covered with a hood, caged at the side of a red Camry. The photo was taken 4 years back exactly a few months before that night. It angered me how close they were standing. He was kissing her while her hands were holding on to his jacked. The guy wasn't a familiar face and from the side his face was more in picture than Angela's.

"Any identity?" I asked impatiently to know his identity.

"I made a file with the complete details about this guy. Currently he is out of the state, and the new location of him is not clarified yet. The rest you will know through the file." Giving a curd nod I accept the bluish paper file, dismissing the investigator.

The door closed behind him leaving me alone with the new piece of information I discovered. I was going to open the file in my hand. Sires burst through the doors. Placing the file in the first drawer of my desk I closed the drawer before Sires could get a peek of it. For a mere second he stands there holding the door staring at me. I arched a brow matching his gaze.

"You aren't giving up, are you?" He said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I defend.

"You know very well; I will be damned if Carter Kingman doesn't know about his ways of fulfilling his desires." Leaving the door, he walks to the couch slamming down on it. Resting his head at the back of the couch he huffed out of frustration running his both hands on his face. He was never like this before. Worried, annoyed and confused.

"Speak up. What is it you want to say?" Standing up from my chair I join him on the couch beside him.

"Brother, don't you realize it yourself?!" He asked, throwing his hand up in the air. He wanted to say something but didn't know how.

"Realize what?" I asked with a cold straight face. Honestly I was tired of this talk.

"As much as I know, you aren't a nutcase. Solemnly you're stalking her day and night and you pretend as if it's nothing serious. Look at this situation seriously, don't do anything you will regret later." I rolled my eyes at the choice of his words. He glared at me, still going on. "Things may get ugly soon before you are able to take action." With seriousness in his voice he attempted to convince me.

"Nothing unexpected will happen. I'm not being inconsiderate in any way, as smoothly it's going now it will continue on till I desire." Saying that I looked toward the window, as if my sight was fleeing to whatever remind me of her; the roses. "There are things that no one knows yet; some hideous secrets that she never disclosed to anyone. That little vulnerable girl is still alive deep down, all she is doing is not letting her to resurface. I want to protect her; I don't want her to get hurt not even by me. Call me stalker, possessive or over protective, it won't change my mind." Finally, I give out a hint as an answer to shut him up for good. My gaze never left those roses while saying these words.

Sire's eyes were moving from right to left, he was processing whatever answer he got for his words. Leaving him on the couch I stand from my place walking to the window where I was standing before.

"And you know those secrets?" Sires speak following behind me to where I'm standing.

"Better than anyone."

The next morning, I sent that same pink coloured roses again to her office this time without any note. She is clever, she knows the address from where it's coming to her. This stalking game is getting exciting lately, with both sides actively joining in this play. It's newly the start of the excitement, a lot more is on the way to come.