"I don't know, Clara. With all that's going on, I don't think that was the right move to make. I think I pushed it a bit too far." He said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "And she's been up there for a bit too long now. I'm getting worried." He asked, looking down at the visibly appealing food that he had long lost his appetite for. He would probably need to eat something soon. He was literally on a hunger strike.

"I'm pretty sure she's jacking off or something. Nothing to worry about there." Varo interjected before going back to his food, luckily missing the death glare Tobias gave him.

"I don't think an image of that would make things any easier for me."

Varo smirked. "I bet it makes things harder if you know what I mean—"

"What Varo means to say is..." Clara started, smacking the lawyer across the back of his head with a napkin. "...she's probably just collecting herself. You both seemed to be having a lot of fun when we arrived."

"Please, Clara." Tobias groaned in embarrassment while Alvaro stifled a laugh.

"And you should try to collect yourself too. Your nearness to the table and your hand under it is a bit... concerning." Clara finally dropped, making Alvaro burst with laughter with her joining in.

Tobias dumbly stared at the both of them until their idiotic cackling had reduced to tiny snickers. Varo was wiping a tear as Clara tried to breathe properly.

He wanted to compress their heads together.

"I like what you did with the house. Thank you." He changed the subject that had made him the butt of the jokes.

"You do? Clara chose most of the furniture. With her horrible English taste and shit—" He was interrupted by her whacking him again. "Hey, what was that for?!"

"How about you shut up and eat?" She frowned at the idiot who just glared but went back to the food. "It's a really nice house. I felt it was a little too big but Mr. Montez here said it was just perfect. I think the warm tones and colors really suited it. He was just lazy and ended up agreeing with whatever I went with." She answered with Tobias nodding automatically switching to business mode in hopes that it would keep his mind from wandering.

"I was not lazy. We had gone through four different IKEAs. Clara always had issues with all of them." Varo frowned right back. "'This one is too serious.', 'this one is too bland', 'this is too childish', 'my ass won't feet in this couch' — For fuck's sake!" He suddenly yelled, his hand fiercely rubbing the back of his head. "Can you stop abusing me, mujer?!"

"No." She answered flatly, looking at her boss who was listening to their bickering. "We would have gone for some custom sets if it wasn't so expensive and if the wait time was not horrid. But the ones we got were steep to be honest."

"How much? I don't think I've gotten an alert—" His phone's message notification rang out, drawing his attention.

He hesitantly looked at the two people in front of him who shared nervous glances then at the phone.

The multiple zeros made him frown.

"I don't understand..." He looked back at them. "Did you two buy another house?"

"Shit's expensive these days." Varo said with a shrug and Tobias pretended to not see the rose gold chain around his neck that was missing in the morning. The lawyer did nothing to hide it.

There was no amount of inflation that would cost six zeros in any economy but he let it slide. It was not like the money bothered him or anything. There were a lot of things he was supposed to pay attention to.