Outliving Death

"Gah!" A jolt wracks his body. "I-I can't see! Nononononononononono!!!!!! They can't! They couldn't have! They promised not to take my eyes!!!!" He wanted to scream but any noise he tried to make stayed in his head. A jolt came every so often. Every time he moved he felt familiar fabrics brush his skin. The idea of familiarity reminded him of something. A little box that he could look through to see in the dark. What he saw could be shared. It was important. "The box! Do they have...? Oh please let me have it! Oh, don't take the box!" He exhausted himself making his fingers twitch enough to feel the box with its strap still around his hand. The feeling sparked a fragment of memory. Flashes of needles, deformed people, and blood...so...much...blood. When the strobe of bad memories ended, he could see. He was in a rusted wheelchair being pushed by no one. He went down the hallway of nightmares. Greeted by sights he never wanted to call familiar. Aged brick walls with yellowed paint peeling back in random places paid an ill complement to the writings in blood smeared on its surface. He was back, back in the trauma, back in the pain, back in the nightmare. A pair of eyes,void of any visible color except white appeared paired with a crooked grin that bore way too many teeth to be natural peeked their way out of the shadowed doorway. "Noooooooooooo! Walker's dead!!"