"You'll do great, Michael. Don't worry," I assured him before pressing a kiss to his lips.  He pulled away quicker than usual and grunted. "Yeah, but my parents are here and everyone I care about is here," He mumbled, "It'll be different."

"Don't worry, Michael. Just remember that I love you so much and I'm so proud of you. It doesn't matter if you fuck up terribly out there because I'll always be here for you. I love you," I whispered to him. His face remained stone hard and, I swear, that was when I saw him fall out of love.

"Yeah," He mumbled before running towards the stage.

I took advantage of Martha and Ray finally kissing and let a tear slip from my eye before wiping it away quickly. There was always that fear that he would find me weak, and I couldn't have him think I'm weak. I want him to know I don't need him anymore, just like he doesn't need me. I clapped along with the crowd as the couple walked down the aisle together and cheered. I tried to be happy for them, but having Michael standing right next to me really darkened my mood. I was startled when he turned around and looked straight at me. His green eyes shimmered with hope as he examined me. I had my hair up in a bun with a few loose strands and my pastel pink dress suited me. I was proud of the beautiful girl he was staring at. I noticed how his eyes were slightly sunken and his hair was damaged and messy, probably from all of hair dye. 

"Hi," He said, barely above a whisper. His voice was somehow deeper and raspier. He was a man now. 

"Hi," I whispered back. I had to stay strong and show he had no effect on me, "So how's it going? You've been doing pretty good with your music, haven't you?" 

"Yeah yeah, me and the guys are already recording our second album," He smiled slightly.

"Glad you could make it to the wedding," I told him. 

"Yeah, well it's Martha and she's like a second mother to us," He said before looking to the ground. Suddenly, my friend Chris walked up to us holding Erin by the hand. 

"Chris! Erin!" I yelled happily as I saw them approach me. 

"Hey, Sky," He said before pressing a kiss to my cheek. I turned to see Michael with a weary look. His eyes kept darting between me and Chris before finally settling upon the bright smile that belonged to Erin.

"Hey, Erin. Do you remember me?" He asked as he kneeled down to her height. They conversed lightly as I came up with a plan.

"Chris," I whispered.

"What?""

"I have a plan. Go along with it," I whispered into his ear. Michael stood up and stood there awkwardly just looking at me and Chris.

"Michael, this is Chris, my boyfriend. Chris, this is Michael," I introduced. I saw both of their eyes widen a little before finally shaking hands and muttering their nice to meet you's. It was funny how I was using Chris as my fake boyfriend. I just wanted to mess with Michael. He broke my heart so why not hurt him back? I was just glad Chris's boyfriend, Jose, wasn't here to yell at me for this. 

"Well, we should be getting to the reception now," I told Michael before grabbing a hold of both Erin and Chris's hands and walking away, making sure to add a bit of sassiness to it. 

~~~

"Why did you tell him I was your boyfriend?" Chris scolded on our way to the reception. Erin was in the backseat of the car playing with her dolls.

"That was Michael," I mumbled as I kept my eyes on the road.

"Him?" He gasped, "Oh, Sky, you can do so much better than him!" He whispered the next part, "You lost your virginity to that?