Chapter 7

We drove in to cars, Jenn's and Nick's, I was in Nick's car with Dane, Ant, Brian and Lynn. There wasn't enough space so I sat on Dane and Lynn sat next to me, never letting go of my hand. It was only 9:30 at night but Lynn passed out, she put her head in my lap and I played with her hair.

Nick pulled into the parking spot near the venue, we took our equipment from the back and met the rest of the guys inside. We first met with the man I talked with on the phone, Wellington, and he gave us a short tour to give us the feel of the venue. We walked backstage and saw the sweaty Jack Fowler and Kellin Quinn of Sleeping With Sirens heading to their dressing room. My guitar was on my back and Lynn was laying in my arms with her hands wrapped around my neck. I nearly fell when I saw them coming. "Hey! You're Love, Robot aren't you? Well' told us you guys are playing after us" Jack said in a friendly voice, someone shouted his name from the end of the hallway "Sorry, gotta go but it was awesome meeting you guys" He smiled at us and we waved at him.

We walked to a room marked 'To The Stage' and stayed there until we were signaled to go on. I heard the crowd yell and cheer in excitement, no one here knew us and they probably weren't expecting us either, so it would be even harder. I breathed into my hands and ran a hand through my hair. I felt warm hands wrap around my waist, I looked to my side and saw Lynn's face dug into my neck. I picked up her chin and kissed her, she kissed me back and smiled. "Come on stage with us" I said, "I saw you rock out at that karaoke place at the Pier, it would be awesome and the fans would get to meet my girlfriend!" Lynn giggled and shook her head. "No, it's your big opportunity. Your big chance. The band will probably get signed after this, I don't want to take the spotlight off you." I pouted and begged her, she gave me puppy eyes and kissed my cheek. How could I say no to that beautiful face?

The stage manager came up to us and told us we had five minutes, everyone but the band, Lynn and Alex left the room. "Good luck up there" Alex said and hugged me, he high fived and fist bumped Dane Nick and Ant and left the room, too. Lynn hugged me tightly and wished me good luck as well, she then walked backwards and waved at us as she left the room.

"Put you hands in" Dane yelled, putting his hand in the air, we all joined and screamed "Love Comma Robot". "Let's go" I said and ran out into the large stage. I saw all of the kids staring up at me, there were about 1000 kids in there, watching us. I breathed deeply for a moment and checked to see if the guys are all ready. They all nodded at me and I smiled. "Hello everyone!" I spoke into the mic, the most of the crowd wasn't active right from the beginning but a lot of kids cheered, "So you probably don't know us but we're Love Comma Robot from a town right near here and this is the biggest stage we have ever played on." I said, building more confidence with each and every word. "I wanna tell you all a story. When I was ten years old, I came here for my concert. It was a Panic! At the Disco concert and I stood there in the crowd, right where you are and dreamed about playing on this very stage in this very venue. And look where I am! So my point is, NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!! Now get off your fucking feet! This is is called 'Machines', I want you all to JUMP! Get off you feet and fucking jump!!" I screamed and started playing and singing.

I looked into the crowd and saw all of those kids jumping, I watched as a mosh-pit was forming in the middle. I saw the members of Sleeping With Sirens standing in the back and jumping around. This just gave me more power and I moved around a lot more and enjoyed myself so much. The song ended and I took a second to catch my breath. "Alright everyone. How are we doing so far? This next song is for all of you out here. You could say it's heavy but I just want you to know that there is someone out there for you. This song is called 'Run'." I looked at Nick and saw him smile from ear to ear. Dane started playing and we all joined in and I sang at the top of my lungs.

We were about to finish our set, the last song was nearly ending. I was singing the second to last chorus of "Fire Escape" when Lynn ran in with a mic in her hand and started singing the lyrics with me. "Give it up for my girlfriend, Lynn" I yelled and heard the crowd cheer and 'ooo'. We finished the song and gave a small bow. I turned to leave the stage when when Lynn grabbed my shirt and kissed me with passion, I could taste the salty sweat above her lips, she tasted of smoke and lemonade. She finally pulled away and the crowd went nuts.

I looked at the stage and saw the guys were already gone, I shrugged and ran with Lynn off stage. We entered the dressing room labeled 'Love, Robot' and I saw Alex and Hayley making out in the back of the room and everyone else cheering and nibbling on some chips. I hugged the guys in the band and then Alex, Lacy, Jenn, and Lynn. I searched for Brian but couldn't find him anywhere, I asked Lacy if she knew where he was. She nodded and pointed to the bathroom. And she was right, a moment later he came out and I hugged him as well. He looked at me with scared eyes, but then he softened and smiled. We chilled out for a bit and decided to go to my house to celebrate because my mom left again, my dad was at a business meeting and he was coming back only on the weekend and my sister is back in college. We packed our stuff and drove back to my place, stopping by the local grocery store to buy snacks, some pie, a few beers and a bottle of cream soda. Ant was 21 so he could legally purchase and drink alcohol. Nick parked the car in my driveway, behind Jenn that got there first.

I unlocked the door and Dante, my dog, rushed to greet me. Dante was a huge German Sheppard, he was nearly my size. Everyone came inside and sat in the living room, I put the things we bought earlier in the kitchen with Lacy's help. I put the snacks in bowls and brought some plastic plates and forks for the pie. I took out a bunch of paper cups from the cabinet below the sink. I gave everything to Lacy and she set everything down on the living room table. I walked back into the living room with the beverages in my arms, I set them down and plugged my phone into the big speakers that Alex brought from my room. I put my Spotify on shuffle and 'Never Lose Your Flames' by Issues came on. I threw my fists in the hair and shrieked. "Ah! Alexa what happened?!" Lynn's eyes shot open and I fell to the ground laughing. "Nothing, nothing calm down. It's just midnight babe, but if you wanna got to sleep I can take you to my room" Lynn shook her head in denial and yawned "I'm totally awake" she said and smiled. She got up and danced with me as the others sat on the couch lazily and stared at us, I noticed Alex and Hayley missing and honestly, I didn't want to know what they were doing right now.

The song ended and I lowered the volume as 'Better Luck Next Time' by We Are The In Crowd came on, not because I didn't like it, I loved it, but didn't want the cops to come because they got a complaint for noise. Lynn picked me up and and sat me in her lap on the couch. I turned on the X-Box and the TV and let Brian pick a game. He picked Just Dance 2014 and Nick giggled. Brian challenged me for a dance. "Hey Brian!" Lynn shouted, a beer can in her hand and a cup in the other, "Yea? Lynn" He said "Don't you dare try and steal my girlfriend! You hear me?" Lynn took a sip from her drink and coughed. Everyone in the room laughed and Ant took the alcohol away from her. "First time drinking" he stated. "I'm not drunk, Anthony" she announced and immediately fell asleep. I picked her up and set her down in my bed, tucking her in.

I walked and stood at the edge of the stairs and looked at Dane playing Just Dance with Brian. I felt so happy right now, everyone getting along. I have the girl of my dreams. I haven't felt this way in a very long time. I leaned against the wall and smiled. I heard weird noises coming from the room behind the wall I leaned against. It was my parent's room. I covered my eyes as I walked in. I heard Hayley gasp and I laughed. "Get out you pervs" I chuckled and closed the door behind me. I sat on the couch between Lacy and NIck and saw Brian kick every one's asses on Just Dance. Jenn was asleep on my father's arm-chair and Ant was chanting 'Brian! Brian! Brian!' as Dane sweated and panted trying to hit those bonus points. I grabbed an unopened beer can from the table and it opened easily with a tsss. I stayed up late with Dane, Lacy, Ant, Brian and Nick, talking, playing video games, and nibbling on chips and Doritos.

It was four AM in the morning and I was playing Assassins Creed with Nick, Dane was asleep, and so was Lacy. "Help me out, dude!" I yelled at Nick, "I can't, I gotta kill these guys" He replied, focusing on the game. I punched the buttons as fast as I could with so much force I was afraid the remote is going to break. "Shit" I said, dropping the remote on the couch as my part of the screen turned a dark tone of red. I yawned and stretched my arms up. "Dammit Alexa, did you have to die?" I chuckled and my eyes fought with sleep until I decided I was going to my room to get some rest. Nick nodded and looked back to see a snoring Ant taking most of the space on the couch. I helped Nick shuffle him to the side and gave him a bunch of blankets. "Goodnight, Nick" I said "Goodnight, Lil' Lex" He chuckled. I smiled and walked up to my room. I changed into sweatpants and a bra and snuggled next to Lynn under the sheets.