091. tears & fire-whisky

Start from the beginning

Maria stands up, wiping her face with her hands and grabbing her bag, walking through the courtyard and to the Slytherin girls' dormitories.
She knocks on Alyssa's door and the pale blonde haired girl answers before smiling softly when she sees Maria, her eyes red and tear stains down her cheeks.

"I know just the thing." The Slytherin grins, walking into her dorm before hurrying out with a bag slung over her shoulder, grabbing Maria's hand and pulling her out of the portrait.

They reach Maria's dormitory that she has to herself so it's perfect for sleepovers. Alyssa smiles as she notices the record player sitting on the dresser that James had gotten her for Christmas in her fifth year. The are stacks of different records that she's collected over the years beside it and Alyssa sighs, flicking through them whilst Maria goes to get changed out of her uniform. She changes into some black leggings and a white tank top with a large grey cardigan, walking out of the bathroom and seeing Alyssa has also changed into some blue tartan pyjama pants and a pink t-shirt, her blonde hair braided down her head.

"So, I was thinking maybe this one?" She holds up one of the vinyl records and Maria nods eagerly, taking it from her and placing it into the record player.

Once it tunes in, the sound of 'dancing queen' by ABBA begins to blade from the speaker. Smiling, Alyssa grabs Maria's hand and they sit on her bed, Alyssa pulling out multiple bags of makeup and Maria raises her eyebrows at the girl.

"Come on! We're going to do each other's makeup, get fat eating all these sweets and dance around to music." Alyssa groans and Maria laughs, allowing Alyssa to start applying makeup to their face. "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be back in no time begging for forgiveness. I'm surprised he's lasted this long without being like 'oh please Maria! Take me back!'."

The two girls collapse into giggles on Maria's bed, Alyssa screaming when she almost gets makeup on the clean scarlet sheets and they both sit up before laughing even more.

"Do you think she'll ever stop giving me the cold shoulder?" Regulus Black asks Stanley Harper, gulping down some fire whisky and Stanley sighs as he shoved some crisps into his mouth.

"You did sort of cheat on her, mate." The blonde sits on his own bed with his shoulders resting on the headboard. "This is why I haven't put a label on me and Alyssa yet."

"But. . .I love her!" Regulus groans, tugging at his hair and Stan sighs with a small eye roll. "And she did get mad at me for no reason."

"I wouldn't say it was for no reason I mean. . .you were stood there for a while letting her kiss you." Stan rolls his eyes and Regulus sighs, taking another swig of the bottle.

"I didn't kiss her back." Regulus shakes his head. "I would never do that—ever. Especially not to Maria, she is the most important person in the world to me!"

"Just kiss her, then."

"What?" Regulus scoffs at the boy. "I can't just—kiss her! She'll shove me off."

"No she won't." Stan rolls his eyes. "She loves you. She finds you irresistible—like a drug. So give her the drug. Give her a nice snog, maybe even something better—" he pauses to wink dramatically. "And after when she's tired and pleased, tell her how you feel. But—u you oh have to make her the most important thing, none of that speeding up to make yourself come—you speed up to make her."

"Stanley, what the hell are you talking about?" Regulus sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose stressfully. "So, you're saying I fuck her—"

"No! Not fuck her." Stan groans, slapping his face with his palm. "Make love to her, show her how much you love her."

"And then. . ."

"And then, you can talk about the two of you." Stan shrugs. "It's fool proof, works every time with Alyssa. She just can't resist me."

"You're insane."

[][][]

"Tell me again." Maria sighs as her and Alyssa walk into the great hall the next morning, glumly, both of them hungover and feeling like they could through up at the sight of bacon and sausages.

Alyssa repeats the ingredients for love potion that they need to know for their potions final and Maria nods with a small yawn as the duo sit opposite each other at the Gryffindor table. She looks over at the Slytherin table and sees Regulus already staring at her.

"You okay?" Alyssa asks softly and Maria averts her eyes and nods, pursing her lips. "We should do something fun for Stan's birthday. It's not every day you turn eighteen."

"When is it?"

"Uh—twenty second of May. . .so, two weeks." Alyssa works out and Maria nods. "Maybe a party, or even a small egg together in their dorm. It'll be fun, me you, Reg, maybe some of his other friends."

"Yeah, sure, I'll help." Maria says with a smile. "I happen to be extra good at planning parties. I need to stop by Minnie's office before Muggle Studies, I'll see you then."

Alyssa smiles and nods, deciding to make her way over to the boys since Maria leaves for Minerva's office. Maria knocks on the door and hears McGonagall shout for her to come in.

"Potter." Minerva greets and Maria smiles softly at her head of house. "You wish to know about anything happening in the order?"

Maria nods eagerly and McGonagall looks at her before sighing and beginning to speak, "James and Remus were sent out to gather people in Ireland, few witches and wizards wanted to hear anything. But we found a couple, Dana and Lewis Norman. They're excellent—the best at defence against the dark arts in Ireland."

"So, they're joining the order?" Maria asks and McGonagall nods. "What about all the others in Ireland?"

"Wanted to keep to themselves, not picking sides is smart sometimes, I suppose." Minerva says, looking at Maria. "I do hope you won't be as stupid as your brother and those pesky friends. Joining something so secret at eighteen is so, so dangerous."

"That's why they did it, Minnie." Maria smiles slightly. "I have muggle studies—see you soon, Professor!"

Arriving a few minutes late to muggle studies — however Burbage is yet to arrive — she sighs, sitting beside Regulus silently and he looks at her as she sits down.

"What are you doing?" Maria asks him as he stares at her for a few seconds.

"Looking at you." Regulus answers smartly and Maria rolls her eyes. "You look beautiful."

She lets out a breath, shaking her head.

"You don't agree?" Regulus smiles slightly, seeing the blush rise to her pale cheeks. "You are, really beautiful."

"Stop it." Maria shakes her head, moving her hair to cover her slightly smiling face. He just moves her hair. "Regulus—"

"I'm not done." Regulus smiles cheekily, still staring at her and she finally meets his eyes, looking at him through her lashes before sighing and grabbing his book, standing up and walking out of the classroom.

Smirking to himself, Regulus also gets up, strolling out after her.s

[][][]

ngl to you guys, I cried writing the start of this listening to all too well
butttt, I'm hoping to get them at least talking again before everything with the horcrux happens 😀

tysm for reading lovelies!!

—grace x