THREE

eight years ago

I woke up, once again, in a less than familiar place, my eyes immediately burning once the light got in them. A dream caught my attention while I was under. A light-colored hummingbird flew around me, a small piece of paper tied on its leg.

Part of me wanted to ignore it, let the little bird go but something in my mind told me to open its pale blue wings and get the paper.

I held out my hand for the small thing to land, I couldnt feel its weight at all once it stood still. I took the small paper off, admiring the beautiful detail on its wings. It stood there, watching me from my hand but the small, neat, writing on the paper caught my attention away from the bird.

Death-eaters coming your way.. Wake up Granger.

I looked down at my hand, to question the bird but it was gone. I had two seconds to look around before my dream was ripped away from me and I was sitting straight up on a couch in the Room of Requirement surrounded by screams.

Present Day

"The only way I would be able to work at the Ministry again would be to be myself Harry."

I held a tight grip on the mug in my hands, sipping slowly on the hot coffee. Harry sighed in front of me.

"Would that really be such a bad thing? Really Mione think about it, coming back into the world as a hot business woman. I could keep the press off of you and you could just focus on being a-"

"-a badass blind businesswoman," Pansy said, cutting into the conversation.

I smiled shaking my head at her lewd speech. This has been going on for over a week now, Harry trying to get me to come back and help him at the ministry. He's offered me spots I had dreamed of having when I was younger. Jobs I would have to work for years for and here Harry was, offering it like it was nothing.

I knew it was him trying his hardest to get me to come back, we both knew each other so well.. I just didn't know how to come back after all these years of almost.. hiding. After spending so long as someone else.

"Our lives would be thrown upside down. Everything would be different for all of us. Is that really what you guys want?" I asked.

They all were silent for a minute, I could feel them looking around at each-other. The air shifting as their glances were thrown around.

"If this is what you want Hermione, then we all would love to get our lives thrown around for you," Theo said, Pansy and Harry letting out sounds of agreement.

I shook my head. I sometimes still couldn't believe I had such amazing friends.

Everyone was quiet and so I grinned, sitting my coffee down and crossing my arms, listening to them all hold their breath as they waited for my answer.

"I'm in charge. No big office and if it's too much I quit.. got it?"

The only response I got was Harry jumping up from the table with a shout and Pansy already talking about how she was going to dress me.

+ + +

I dreamed of the burrow vision again. Why had I brought a man there? To the burrow of all places?!