V2: Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

Ann's smile seemed to grow even brighter. "Two?" She headed to the crib of one of the babies. "May I?"

"Of course." Lana couldn't help smile at the glint of happiness in her friends' eyes.

"Oh, your stomach was so small—How on earth these two little beans fit in there."

"They look just like you."

"They both have golden hair thanks to our grandfather," Kendra said after she walked in. "Congrats, they are adorable."

Lana hesitated. "Where did Vance go? He hasn't come since they moved us into this room."

When no one said a word, she stared at Brent, knowing that he would break.

"Ugh! Don't look at me like that. I can't say anything, even if I tried." He motioned to the barcode. "Those bastards used this to force me to listen to their command like a damn dog."

Lana sighed. "Kendra—"

"Vance it's okay," Kendra began. "But please remember that we can't force him to remember."

"I thought that perhaps he had remembered something."

"No, he hasn't." Kendra walked closer, placing her hand on her shoulder. "But I think the fact he was concerned for you and that he is excited to be a father...it's a step in the right direction."

"So," Lana desperately wanted to talk about something else. "What happened when you went to confront the pack of those who attacked us."

Again, clearly, Kendra didn't want to stress her out. She smiled, which obviously seemed forced, and picked up a baby in her arms. "They're so damn adorable! Aren't they?" Pain flickered in her large violet eyes as she smiled at the baby in her arms. When tears streamed down her cheeks, she wiped down her face. There was a knock on the door. Kendra's eyes glowed amber, letting Lana know it had been one of her mates, concerned for her.

"I'm not sure why I'm so emotional lately." She handed the baby to Lana and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I promise you that I will do everything within my power to bring his memories back."

For the rest of the days she was in the room, she was showered with nothing but positivity from everyone she loved. It surprised her that Vance chose to stay with her to help her with the babies. At the moment, he stood beside the large window, holding one of the babies in his arms, staring outside, clearly in deep thought.

"So, we have to decide on the names."

A small smile pulled at his lips. "The oldest will be Kendrick."

She glanced down at the baby in her arms deep asleep. "Well, then that means your name will be Ezekiel." When she lifted her gaze, she had not expected the sadness in Vance's eyes. "Is everything okay?"

"Of course."

"I don't have to listen to your heart to know that's a lie."

Zane walked into the room with white roses in his hand, pausing when his gaze fell upon Vance. "Is everything okay?" He thought something over in his head, or so Lana thought.

"What the hell are you both discussing in your minds? Don't you use your pack bond to keep things from me."

Zane set the flowers on the table, a smile on his lips. "So, I heard you go home today."

Her gaze drifted to Vance, remembering their plans before he forgot everything. "I didn't remember I was being discharged today."

"Well, I was sent here to give you the gift from the alphas." When he handed her a key, her eyes grew wide. "Why are you surprised? You need your own place—of course, they suggest waiting until you've fully recovered."