Then the car decided it was going to be an asshole and pop a tire.

"Terrific!" Tom muttered angrily, heading toward the trunk of his Mustang.

Iyla followed him out as he explained to her it was a flat tire.

"You got a jack?" Iyla asked him

"Nope, no jack."

"Great, we're screwed. Late on the first day Mr. Hanson." Iyla said to him frustrated.

"Yeah, well I'm sorry Miss. Rogers." He sassed at her back giving her a grin.

"Well, what are we gonna do?" Iyla thought aloud.

"Just call out I guess."

So that was what they did. "Flat tire!" they would call and when someone finally did Iyla let out "Thank god!"

"Hey," the woman greeted them as she approached the car.

"Looks like you could use some help." She asked them

"Yeah, we really could, this idiot ran over something and now we have a flat tire." Iyla laughed with the woman

"You wouldn't happen to have a jack, would you?" Tom asked her coming up from looking at the tire.

The women's eyes widen when she saw Tom as if she was shocked by his looks. This made Iyla slightly annoyed that this woman, who looked as if she was in her thirties, was eyeing Tom up.

"Let me see what I can do," she said as she walked away, her eyes not once leaving Tom's.

Iyla scoffed. "Hey, what's the problem?" Tom asked her noticing she was angry.

"Oh, it's nothing," Iyla replied

"You sure, because if you don't tell me, I won't be able to help you, princess."

With his words, her anger immediately went away, he had called her princess again.

"Yeah, it's fine." She gave him a small smile.

The woman returned with a can in her hand. Tom gave her a funny look. "Doesn't look like a jack to me".

"No, it's even better. Here, welcome to the eighties." She smiled, handing Tom the can. Iyla didn't miss the fact that the woman deliberately touched his hand.

Iyla glanced over at the yellow can in Tom's hand it read 'puncture seal'. "Thanks," Iyla said thankful that the women had saved them, not that she liked her though.

"Anytime, there should be enough left to fill up the bottom. Also the names Susan."

With that, she bid them goodbye and walked back to her car.

Iyla rolled her eyes and got into the car, as Tom went to sort the tire.

--------

"Hello, earth to Iyla Rogers" Tom called out to Iyla who was in her usual daydream.

"Yeah!" She exclaimed as she snapped out of it.

"We're here" He announced as he got out of the car.

They both headed inside, holding hands. Many eyes had turned towards them. This made them both angry. Tom was mad because the boys were looking at Iyla as if she was some sort of fresh meat. And Iyla was mad because all the girls fluttered their eyes at him.

After they had gotten their timetables, they went to their first lesson. Luckily enough they shared it with each other.

As they went to go into the classroom, they stopped themselves when they noticed the same very women, who had helped them with Tom's flat tire, teaching the room full of teenagers. Her name, Miss Chadwick, was written on a plaque on the door.