「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ」

Start from the beginning

          - Yeah. Humans think too much. I'm overwhelmed with emotions and thoughts that aren't mine. It's exhausting.

          - How does it feel ? Being in someone's mind ?

Druig turned his head towards the young woman and looked at her curious gaze. She wanted to know what it felt like to feel the emotions of others. Or just feeling emotions. Druig swallowed and thought for a few moments to explain it as simply as possible. He slowly raised his hand to slide it on her cheek, and she closed her eyes to appreciate this sweet yet simple touch.

          - It's warm. Teeming with incredible sensations. It's like- It's like having your own emotions but ten times stronger. Happiness, anger, sadness. Love. He explained as he gently rubbed Nyx's cheek.

          - I wish I knew how it feels. She said as she opened her eyes, drawing Druig's curiosity.

          - What do you mean ? You don't feel... anything ?

          - I don't think so. Well, I can be cheerful, saddened and even pissed off, but no. No strong emotions. She simply shrugged. Have you- Have you ever been in my mind ?

          - Nyx...

          - No. No, no. Just be honest.

          - Yes, I tried once. But I haven't seen or felt anything. It was cold and empty. I'm sorry.

Nyx frowned when Druig pulled his hand off her cheek. She grabbed it before he put it back on his thighs and placed it against her face, wanting to feel the warmth of his palm. Druig was surprised by this gesture, but did not complain. He even raised his second hand, placed it on the other cheek of the Eternal, and caught the eyes that fascinated him.

          - Ajak told me I'll end up feeling things. I just have to be patient, she said. But it's been 4000 years and still nothing. She started to tear up, what he quickly noticed.

He leaned closer to her, wiping away the tears that had started to fall on her cheeks. Without him being able to help, a smile appeared on his lips and she frowned, hurt.

          - You think this is funny ?

          - No. No, I could never think that. You're sad about it, that means you feel something. That is why I'm smiling. You feel, Nyx. He said, getting closer to the young woman and finally letting their foreheads touch.

Kiss her. That's what the little voice in his head was shouting. Again, and again. It wouldn't stop. It was shouting so loud he was afraid that Nyx could hear it. Kiss her. Kiss her. Kiss her ! God, he wanted to. He was dying for it. He was staring at her lips, wondering how soft they could be. But he wouldn't do it. He couldn't. She didn't know how to feel so it was like taking advantage of her. He could never do that to her. He would never. He was way too attached to her. He loved her too much.

✦