Epilogue

You get back to school two hours later than planned due to unforeseen traffic. It drives Jirou's anxiety mad and if Hina hadn't been there he might have finally had that nervous breakdown. But you all finally arrive safe and sound and that's all that matters. You offer to go home with Tama, feeling a little bad for all the time you spent with Garou and not wanting your best friend to feel left out. But she refuses. She just wants to get home, get in the bath, connect to the wi-fi and binge on all the Metal Bat-related information that she missed out on the last three days. And anyway, Garou's giving you that look and even though she's happy for you, your lovey-dovey happiness is the last thing she wants to see right now. You lucky bastards. No offence. Love you.
She catches her train alone and exists the station on this balmy summer night, wheeling her little suitcase behind her. Her street is not very far from here and she can see the end goal in sight when she's suddenly met by people running in the opposite direction and the siren sounding, "A threat-level dragon has appeared in the area. Please evacuate immediately. A threat-level dragon has appeared in the area. Please evacuate..."
Tama hears roars in the distance and screams of people running past her. She should be frightened. She should turn and run too but this is the last straw. She's tired, and hungry and Metal Bat-deprived. She drops her suitcase handle and almost stomps her foot as she hears the crunch of concrete breaking not too far away and more deep, loud roars.
"I just want to get fucking home and have a warm fucking bath!" She yells in the direction of the chaos. "Is that too much to fucking ask?! Just once I'd like something good to happen to me too! Fuck it a-!!"
Suddenly, the concrete in front of her breaks open like an eggshell, the roar is deafeningly close and before she knows what's going on, she's on the ground, further away from the spot she was just at, protected by a strong body, muscular arms wrapped around her.
"Are you alri-" Bad begins to ask as he disentangles himself from Tama and realises who he's just saved, starting to turn as red as his shirt.
Tama's too shocked to speak, nods slowly, looking up at her handsome saviour.
"Can ya wait here just a minute?" he says. "I'll be right back."
Tama nods slowly again. Unable to believe this serendipitous coincidence.
Bad runs hurriedly off in the direction he just appeared from and Tama sits up in a daze. She hears several very loud booms and bangs in quick succession. This monster is really getting on his nerves. He takes care of it quickly and brutally, wanting to get back to the girl of his dreams as soon as possible, hoping she hasn't already left.
Tama is still sitting on the ground when he reappears, a little dirtier and bloodier but otherwise unscathed and unharmed.
"Are you ok?" he asks, picking her up in his arms, mistaking her love-struck shock for some sort of injury.
"I think I will be now..." she manages to mumble, nestled against his chest. "I'm Tama by the way..." she almost stammers.
"I know," he grins down at her. "I've been trying to find ya." He suddenly realises what he just said, goes so red he has to look away. "I mean...I been..."
"Me too," Tama says, blushing for maybe the second time in her life.
"The monster has been defeated. It is now safe to re-enter the area. The monster has been defeated. It is now safe..."
"I guess you wanna be on your way then?" Bad says reluctantly, but still holding her, not daring to set her down lest she turn and walk out of his life again.
"No," she finally looks up at him through her big round glasses. "Not at all."
They stare at each other a moment in a way that Garou would call disgusting and the rest is, as we say, history.

There is a double date a few months later. No one remembers whose idea it was but it is the first and last you ever have. And it shall never be spoken of again.

Fin.