“I’m fine. Go ahead.” He didn’t let go of my hand as we walked to the door, making me feel even more uncomfortable. He stopped when we reached the door and came to stand in front of me.

“You know you can always talk to me right?” I slipped my hand out of his and pushed him out of the room.

“I know, just go already.” I faked a smile.

I was sitting at the head of the table in the dining room observing everyone around me. There were almost twenty people sitting at this table. At first it was a little awkward because no one dared to talk, but after a couple of minutes everyone started to have conversations with the ones next to them. I smiled polity when someone looked my way and even made small talk a couple of times with either Jessica, Andrew or Brian, who were the closest to me.

Jeff was watching my every movement and it was annoying the crap out of me. Why the hell was he always checking if I was ok? I couldn’t take it anymore.

‘Damn it, Jeff. Stop staring.’

A blush of shame crept up his face. ‘Sorry boss, can’t help being worried.’

‘There’s no reason to worry, I’m FINE.’ He gave me a small nod and looked straight ahead.

I instantly regretted acting like a bitch to him, but I was tired of being treated like I was a child. My appetite was long gone, I excused myself and went to the office.

I had an unsettling feeling in my stomach so I closed my laptop and stood up pacing around the room. Was it Nathaniel? The pack. My wolf whispered in my ear. I acted on instinct and called for Andy through the mind link.

‘Andy? Is everything ok?’

‘Not really, we have a situation’ I felt Andy in his wolf form. He was stressing and on edge.

‘What kind of situation?’ Jeff rudely interrupted, barging seconds later into my office.

‘We have spotted an intruder on our land.’

‘And you’re telling me this now?’ I asked angry.

‘Will just informed a couple of minutes ago, we’re on it now. He was alone and the intruder was way more stronger than him. He did try to slow him down, which caused him a lot of damage.’

I would have felt sorry for Will, because he was one of our youngest fighters who only started Andy’s training when I became Alpha Female. But right now I couldn’t focus on anything else but the intruder.

‘Where is he?’ Andy knew instantly who I was talking about.

‘He’s running towards the south border. We have a strong suspicion that he belongs to the attackers,’ Andy send through the pack linked mind.

'Well, what the hell are you waiting for?! Bring that asshole in!' Jeff roared.

'We’re on our way, but the problem is we don't know if we'll make it in time,' Andy told us.

He was a good 15 minutes away from Andy and the guys. Without waiting for Jeff's response I sprinted out of the window. He was approximately 5 minutes away from the pack house where I was. I would get there faster. I wasn't going to miss the chance of getting closer to finding the attacker, for all I know he might even be the attacker himself.

I didn’t bother removing my clothes, I shred through them as I changed into my wolf form before reaching the tree line with Jeff right on my heels.