Chapter 99 - Never Good Enough

Beginne am Anfang

This is probably why she didn't want me to come with her to the Astronomy Tower.

I'll never be good enough for her.

All these thoughts circled my head as tears streamed down my face. How could she do this to me? How could she play with my feelings like that? I thought she was my best friend.

"Neville, I know this is a bit shocking, but it's true. You deserve way better than her, man." Colin said to me.

"Cheated on you, did she? Told you she was only using you. Don't worry Neville, whores like her are all around..." Seamus said in an attempt to comfort me.

Now, I know she cheated on me, but I still love her, and I would still defend her honour. "Don't call her that!" I shouted at Seamus.

After a few moments, I heard my 'Girlfriend's' voice call out to me, "Neville...". Oh, now she suddenly cares.

"You could've just told me, you know?" I snapped at her.

"I-I can explain." She tried.

"Explain what, Anne? Or should I call you Potter, now? Anyways, you promised to be my friend didn't you?"

"Neville, just listen..."

"If you liked him, you could've just told me, I would've happily stepped aside, but I suppose even my friendship doesn't mean anything to you either."

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! IF YOU'D JUST LISTEN TO ME!"

"THERE IS NOTHING TO LISTEN TO, THIS PICTURE HERE EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!"

"IT DOESN'T! YOU'D KNOW IF YOU WOULD STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS!"

"It's over! Fuck off!" I shouted.

"Alright then! Think whatever you want to! I don't give a fuck!" She yelled back before storming up to her dormitory with tears in her eyes.

Crocodile tears. Of course she's trying to make me the bad guy.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO MY SISTER!?" Harry yelled as he stormed over to me and tackled me to the ground.

"Well, maybe you should look at this 'innocent' picture of your 'innocent' baby sister." Seamus spat at him as he handed him the picture.

He was shocked to say the least. He had a look of betrayal on his face as he saw the picture of his beloved little sister in the arms of the person he hates.

Ginny snatched the picture from her boyfriend's hands, looked at it for a second and ripped it apart.

"You're such an ass, Longbottom! You should have at least heard her out." She shouted at me.

"Oh, so I'm the bad guy here?" I snapped at her.

"She's been our best friend for four years, Neville! Do you really think Anne would do something like that?" She yelled.

Now that she said that, it clicked. Anne is someone who' sacrifice herself for a pigeon, she can't do anything like that. Oh Merlin, I'm such an idiot. I should've listened to her, she won't ever forgive me now.

Did I just let her go? Just like that?

"But the picture-" Harry was cut off by his girlfriend's yelling.

"Don't you see that hug was purely just friendly? For the love of Merlin, Harry, that's how she hugs you!"

She then took the two pieces of the picture she just tore and put it together.

"Can you seriously look at this picture and say that they don't look like siblings here!?" She shouted.

She isn't wrong, now that I look at it, they do look like siblings. Oh god!

"Honestly, what kind of a brother and boyfriend are you guys?" Ginny snapped at us before heading up to her dorm.

"Oh please, a young girl doesn't sneak out after curfew to meet her 'brother' under the starlight." Colin scoffed after Ginny left.

I mean, he isn't wrong either...but now that I think of it, Anne won't do that. But then what would she be doing, hanging around Malfoy?

I'm such an idiot.

"I don't think it's your place to speak, Colin. It's our matter and we'll take care of it." Harry snapped at the boy which drained the colour right off his face.

"As you think right, Harry." He said politely before leaving.

"I fucked up, didn't I?" I asked my roommate.

"You better fix this. I don't like seeing my sister heartbroken. And as for Malfoy, Anne has some justifications to give." He snapped before leaving.

How could I be so blinded by anger that I forgot the person she is? Ginny's right, I'm an arse. I really should've listened to Anne.