Chapter 99 - Never Good Enough

*Neville's POV*

I was sitting in the common room with Louis, my Mimbulus Mimbletonia, I hadn't been able to give the poor guy a lot of attention during the Christmas break. I still can't get over the joy of having Mum and Dad back!

"Hey Lu, gotten a little spikey, have we?" I talked to my plant before taking a seat in front of it and starting to pick out its thorns that were spikier than they should be...Louis must be really mad at me.

It was already curfew, Ron and Hermione were out for their patroling (if that's what they were even doing right now) and god knows where Harry and Ginny were, maybe snogging in some broom cupboard again.

A few minutes later, Anne came downstairs from her dorm and sat on the armrest of the couch I was sitting on. Maybe dad's right, I am an absolute simp for her.

"Picking out his spikes again?" She asked me.

"Plant parent responsibilities." I said.

She nodded her head, "Well, I need to go. I'll be back in an hour or so." She said before kissing my cheek (that still sends chills down my spine) and getting up.

"Wait, it's curfew." I reminded her.

"Oh don't worry, not like I haven't done this before."

"Where are you going anyway?"

"Th-the Astronomy tower. Need some fresh air." She said nervously. Why would she be nervous about this?

"Do you want me to join you?"

"Oh no no no! Y-you have t-to tend to Louis, d-don't you? I just wanted some time alone, you know?" She said in a tone as if she desperately didn't want me to join her.

Never mind, everyone wants to be alone sometimes. It's not a big deal.

"Okay, just be careful and don't get caught." I told her.

"Will do." She said she came to me and pecked my lips. That caused Louis to make a sound of disgust.

"Sorry Louis," She said to the plant, passing him a smile.

"See you in an hour." She told me one last time before leaving.

I'm gonna marry this woman one day.

*20 Minutes Later*

I was still sitting in the Common Room, tending to my plant when Colin Creevey came running in, panting with a camera in one hand and a picture in the other.

"Neville! Y-you need to see this! Your girlfriend, Potter, sh-she cheated on you!", how dare he accuse her like that?

Everyone in the common room turned to look at the fourth year, sensing the drama that was coming.

"Anne would never do anything like that! How dare you!" I shouted at him as I grabbed him by his collar.

"Then what is she doing in this picture?" Colin said as he held up a picture of my girlfriend hugging...Malfoy? And it wasn't just a normal hug, they both looked comfortable in each other's arms.

But why? Why would she do this?

When only a few months ago she told me she loved me for the first time.

She opened up to me.

I lost my virginity to her.

Was it all a joke? Did all of that mean nothing to her? Did my love mean nothing to her? Or my friendship? Was she just using me to get to...Malfoy? OF ALL PEOPLE!