One

'Will work for food!'

I pressed the dirty piece of cardboard to my chest. As of now I've had no luck getting anything. The people walk right past me, but not without sending me a harsh glare, of course.

I sighed heavily; having to do this everyday to survive has taken every shred of dignity that i once had, not that i had much, but at least I wasn't on the dirty cement begging for a damn nickel just to get by.

Things were so simple back in Holmes Chapel. I regret leaving and ever thinking that i had a chance here in America. I should have listened to the oh so many people that told me not to leave, at least i wouldn't be scavenging the garbage in hopes of finding a half eaten sandwich.

"Hey, baby," a drunken man slurred, "Your day just got a whole lot better." A chill ran through me. I look up to see fucking Godzilla standing before me. There's no way that I can take this guy on. I gulp nervously.

He grabs my forearm and lifts me to my feet. He roughly shoves me towards the direction of the alley. It takes a lot for me to not trip on the way there, because i know for sure that if i did, this guy wouldn't be too forgiving.

At our arrival, he hastily pulls down my trousers and unbuttons his. A tear slips down my cheek, and i watch it as it falls onto a leaf. How can the world be so cruel? I have done nothing to deserve this.

"Babe, i'm going to fuck you real good," is all I hear before it happens. It happens fast, and the damn drunken guy leaves just as quick without a second glance back.

Is that all i am? Some sex toy that people dispose of once they're satisfied? Some object that people seem to think has no feelings?

I walk back to my little camp which consists of a few cardboard boxes, a shopping cart, some blankets, and whatever clothes i have left.

The day has gone and now the chilling night has made an appearance. I wrap myself in my quilted blanket and sulk back into whatever shelter i have in an attempt to stay warm. It's winter and the night is taking no prisoners.

I feel a tear slip down my cheek. I wipe it off quickly and slap my hands against my thighs. I am so tired of crying all the time! I'm so weak and pathetic, just another thing that's wrong with me.

I huff and pull my hair up and out of my face. Why did things have to be like this? Why did i have to be such a damn screw up?

I lay on the cold floor awaiting the darkness and my only escape from this cruel world. I can live a life much better in my dreams.