fourteen / back to december

a/n: someone needs to stop me from making song names the titles of fics askldjas anyway. first no way home oneshot how we feelin! I wasn't super happy with how this was written (I was riding a high from all I ask but then got a bit of writer's block again) but it got to around 7k words and I was like yeah okay let's just be done with it lol

also I do not plan on doing a part two, this is going to stay as a oneshot!

warnings: NO WAY HOME SPOILERS !, language, this goes from kinda sad to so fucking sad very quickly. but given what happened in the movie this should be expected

The doorbell rang loudly as another customer came in, and you glanced up to see a familiar head of brown curls head straight for his usual table. You smiled a little as you finished helping the lady in line, looking over one more time to see him pulling out books to get to work.

You weren't sure how long it had been since he started coming here, but he never said a word to anyone. You never saw him order a drink, or even really go to the bookstore side of the shop - he just took a table close to the window but also in sight of the cafe counter, and studied. 

Sometimes he had a few big textbooks, and you couldn't tell what they were from where you stood behind the counter. Other times he had a beaten looking laptop. 

You remembered the only time you spoke to him, right after Christmas. His table was by the hanging menorah lights your boss had you put up when Hanukkah began, and it was well past time to take them down. It was late, you had nothing better to do, so you started with the lights that were by his table.

"Nice shirt," you had complimented, and his eyes were wide when you spoke, before looking down at his Star Wars shirt. It had some Han Solo joke you couldn't remember.

"Oh, thanks," he had said quickly, then gone back to his computer. You had forced down a chuckle as you kept taking down the lights, wondering if maybe he just had social anxiety. You didn't speak to him again, just in case.

Now it had been a few weeks, maybe longer. You couldn't remember the exact day he showed up for the first time, but you were sure it had been at least a month. Definitely before you talked to him after Christmas. 

Maybe it was time to test the waters again, or maybe you were just curious because he was cute. It was slow today, the last lady being the only customer aside from him. So, you took a breath and grabbed your little notepad and a pencil, heading over to his table.

"So, weird question," your voice seemed to startle him, as he quickly shut his book and stared at you with wide eyes as if you caught his hand in a cookie jar. You smiled a little. "Are you ever going to order coffee, too, or just use up our tables?"

"Oh, I, um, I'm so sorry-" 

"I'm kidding," you tried to hide your smirk at his flustered expression, "It's a bookstore, too, you aren't required to order anything. But you look like you need a pick me up, so. What would you like?"

"I...don't really drink sweet coffee," he said awkwardly, and you shrugged. Your bookstore had a lot of book themed drinks, like the butterbeer from Harry Potter, so you could see why he'd assume that was all you had.

"We have black coffee, teas, smoothies, pretty much anything but milk shakes. Any of that sound good?"

"I could do a black coffee."

"And your name?" You asked, "So I know who to call out. We don't exactly bring the drinks to you, so. Sorry to make you get up."

"Uh, it's fine. And I'm Peter," he said softly, tapping his fingers against the table, his expression almost looking pained. "Just Peter."

Peter Parker Imagines Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें