They exchanged phone numbers before Moonie left, promising to go out for some much-needed drinks and tacos.

Jersey liked Moonie, and Moonie liked Jersey. They had the same vibe and personality, so it was only right for them to keep in touch.

Fate.

▲ ▲ ▲

"You have to take the plea deal, Veronica."

"No." Veronica shook her head while running her fingers through her blonde tresses. Her blue eyes danced around the room as she looked over the interior. She brought her red manicured fingers up to her sharp chin and faced her lawyer.

"You said you would help me, Brandon. You said...that I would get off of this charge. You knew Charles...and his abusive behavior."

Jersey sucked her teeth while looking over at the television. She grabbed a slice of pepperoni pizza from her plate and brought it up to her mouth. Expertly, she bit a piece from the slice and shook her head while chewing.

"Veronica is a millionaire. I do not understand why she's not getting off the charge."

"Charles was a millionaire. Veronica is not." Malcolm corrected her.

The couple was sitting in their living room, watching a crime television show on Netflix. It was old and had about five seasons. Both Malcolm and Jersey were on the second season and already intrigued.

Malcolm was lying on the couch comfortably while Jersey lay against him. His arm was nicely snuggled around her waist.

"What?" Jersey managed to hold her head over to glance at him. "But they were married."

"...Shit." Malcolm cursed. "We don't know that. They're still investigating her smart ass. Remember, her sister told the people that Charles was still married to his first wife."

"Of course. She's jealous of Veronica." Jersey trailed off with an eye roll. "Lacey is mad because Veronica married a rich man, and she didn't. She wants her life."

"At this point, it doesn't even matter, Jerse." Malcolm shook his head. "She killed that man. Veronica is going to prison."

Jersey sighed and said, "I don't believe in killing people. I think it's wrong. But he did put his hands on her." She set her plate on the coffee table and said, "Baby, he was constantly beating on her."

"I know, but she killed an ex-congressman. They're going to make sure she rots in prison." Malcolm shook his head and said, "I don't think Brandon can get her off this charge."

"We'll see."

Of course, they missed a few dialogues due to their talking, but the couple eventually caught up on the show. After the episode ended, Jersey decided to change the channel.

"He's still sleeping." Jersey looked over and realized her baby was still fast asleep in his bassinette. He was covered by a blanket and wore nothing but a onesie. She had the urge to kiss on him but decided against it. Jersey wanted Harlem to take his afternoon nap without any interruptions.

"Yeah..." Malcolm trailed off while nestling his face against hers. He liked being at home with his family. It was safe, comfortable, and soothing.

Jersey didn't seem to mind Malcolm's face against hers. His beard tickled her skin as he peppered kisses on her face, ear, and neck. She allowed him to do so.

This was the only action she could get out of him. He never tried to engage in sex with her, and it was going the third month. Jersey had plans to call him out, but she wanted to see if he would try to have sex with her first.