Disappearance

A/N: Whenever the font has Italic it means either Sai is talking but Hikaru can't hear, or it is thoughts of either Sai or Hikaru.

This is a fan fiction on Hikaru no Go. I love this manga so I decided to write a story on it. This is my first fan fiction and I hope you would like it. I would love if you would comment on my story. This story I based completely on the scene where Sai disappears (dialogue and all), but the parts about Sai is my own idea.

Anyways, please enjoy >A<

The open window brought in a cool morning breeze causing the curtains to flip gently with the wind. Hikaru and Sai had just returned home from the pro Kishi and the boy was sleepy from playing through the night with Ogata. Sai knew this, but he felt that he needed to play one more match with Hikaru before he disappeared.

"Hikaru," Sai said in a serious tone, "lets play one match."

"No way," Hikaru rejected as he sat on his bed while feeling the cool breeze on his face, "I'm already tired. Come on, think about my health a bit will you?"

Sai made a sad face.

When Hikaru saw this, he brushed his fingers through his blond bangs while slipping off the bed and said reluctantly, "Fine, but right after we play I'm going to sleep."

The teen sat crisscross across the go board and took the two go bowls.

"What are you doing? Sit down."
The ghost sat down as Hikaru clacked the first stone down.

Sai pointed his move with his white fan as he began to feel the time coming closer and closer. He was going to disappear.

Sai was sad. He didn't want his final match to be a drag.

The ghost sadly watched the teen fighting back the urge to sleep, and was obviously not trying to play very hard.

Sai sat silently with his hands on his lap as he raised his hand once again to point his next move. Hikaru clacked his stone down then yawned. Sai then began to contemplate over his whole existence.

One-hundred-and-forty years ago I appeared before Torajiro. If one would say Torajiro existed for me, then perhaps I exist for Hikaru.

And Hikaru will also exist for someone else.

And that someone will exist for another person.

And like that one thousand years become two thousand years and accumulates.

My job for the long road to the Hand of God is finished.

Sai then remembered that he had something to say to Hikaru.

"That's right,"Sai called, "Hikaru."

The teen stared in a daze still trying not to fall asleep. He didn't even look up at Sai. It seemed as though he didn't even hear him.

"Hikaru?"

There was no reaction from the boy.

"Hey, you know, Hikaru..." Sai tried to communicate.

The boy stayed in a daze.

"Eh?"Sai said confusedly, "Can you hear me?"

The boy seemed to ignore him.

"Hikaru. It was fun being with yo-"

Suddenly everything became a haze.

Oh, I must be disappearing. That must be it.