Chapter 6: The Deal

The sound of a thick heartbeat echoed in Esra's ears, her eyes drifted away from the other husbands and off to the side towards the room in which Leon was guarding Danny. "Not Good." she thought to herself, her eyes shifted back to Will who was snapping his fingers in front of her face. Arny however followed her line of sight, an unsettling feeling in his gut began to form.

With a wave of his wrist the chains pulled Esra to her knees, her resistance amused Brandon, he placed his wand under her chin forcing her to look up at him. "I think I like this look on you better, do me a favor and keep those unique little eyes on me like a good girl.."

"Heh, do you even realize who you're talking to? In case the Gemini mark didn't make it clear enough for you. I'm not one to sit, beg, and obey like some good little whore, I'm very....defiant. Esra smirked as her eyes shifted back to both being purple.

Brandon pressed the wand deeper into her chin trying to contain his frustration. "I'll ask again who are you? And how is it that you have these abilities?"

"Fine, you want to know? We are the weapon of the Cosmic, born under the Gemini we seek balance within the chaos." As Esra spoke the sound of two, distinct, overlapping voices could be heard from her lips. Caught off guard all three of the boys took a step back, Will had drawn his sword once more just in case. "A soul of old and A soul of new must be melded together to form a new being within creation. Not human but not immortal, Not dead but not alive, abilities of both the normal and the unusual. Disguised as the Old but guided by the New this is the Mask they both shall wear to survive, until such a time as both can return to their origins. Our Mask is Esra."

Arny who had been unusually quiet and distant was off in his own world trying to mentally connect some dots from everything so far. Thinking over her words like Souls, Mask, Old, and New. The fact that she's just telling them this after dragging things out. Not to mention the fight having been both quick and easy, especially when they later learned they captured a Zodiac. Something wasn't right with all of this it was too easy, Arny found his eyes drifting off to the same area that Esra was looking in earlier. His eyes caught the shadow of a large man in the window behind a set of curtains. The head tilted to the side, immediately it clicked for Arny.

Esra could see this light bulb go off for him and instantly started laughing, "Bravo my boy, You figured it out.... well at least somewhat however I'm afraid it's a little too late. I guess this means that playtime is over." Panic overtook Arny as he quickly reached up and pulled both Brandon and Will away from the spell circle. Everything moved in slow motion, the motion of Arny pulling his friends to safety, to the sudden gust of wind, Esra lowered her head, softly speaking the word, "Release".

Black cracks formed from where Esra's knees made contact with the spell, the circle spun opposite of its original direction, gradually speeding up until finally, it shattered up into the air. The pieces, like broken glass, slowly fell to the ground, through the shower of shards Arny could see that intimidating glare. The dark shadow from her hair draped over her face hid all other features except for that purple hue. Once the guys safely landed, Arny took this split second to create a thick smokescreen, "Guys I need you to listen to me! This whole thing has been a distraction we never had her trapped. "

Will dusted himself off after helping Brandon to his feet. "What do you mean?! Why would she do that?"

Arny's gaze was fixated on the smoke watching and waiting, till finally, a foot step pierced through the smoke. "It's simple, she's buying time trying to keep us here so we don't go looking for Danny."

Esra clapped her hands slowly, "Excellent, well done but as I suspected you're still a little ways off. But I'll reward your critical thinking and efforts, right now as we speak your friend is going through his awakening process." Esra's eyes narrowed, her focus shifted to the window once more. "Unfortunately there's been a little snag, so understand I can't have you risking his life any further."