One shot.

Cale looked around.

All of them had fainted, the only one conscious was him.

All of them had fallen, the only one standing was him.

His pupils shook as he took in the scene.

Two records that he had kept buried for a long time, shot up and covered his vision but just enough so he could also see the scene in front of him.

[-Look at him, they died protecting him, yet the boy doesn't even shed a tear for them.]

[-His face hasn't changed at all. He didn't even mourn for them when they died protecting him.]

[-An emotionless person.]

[- He's emotionless and ungrateful.]

Died protecting him.

An emotionless bastard.

The two words were ringing in his head so much so, that he did not notice the continued trail of black blood flowing out from his mouth.

He did not notice how he stood frozen there even as minutes passed by, nor did he noticed the young dragon's and the swordsmaster's extremely panicked voice calling out to him.

Nor did he notice how his eyes had turned hollow and distant as his mind was focused on his records.

How his blank expression and his hollow, distant and darkened eyes sent chills down his companions' spines.

"C-cale-nim-!"

"Human! Human!"

Choi Han was genuinely scared. He knew and understood Cale's past (even if it was only after Cale had met his paternal cousin once removed.) more than anyone else.

He quickly called out to the man, hoping to make him snap out of his trance.

And he was glad it worked.

Cale came to his senses hearing Choi Han's and the little dragon's anxious call.

"...U..huh?"

His normally clear eyes were looking hazy due to overwork of his brain.

Ah, my head hurts.

Cale thought apathetically.

He closed his eyes for a moment.

"First, let's get to their treatment." His emotionless voice sounded in the quiet surroundings.

Raon flinched.

He had never heard his human speak in that tone.

He sounded...distant.

Of course, Raon didn't know that his human was still immersed in that uncontainable pain.

****

"Cale Henituse, just what the fuck are you saying right now?" Alberu asked to the man standing in front of them.

This guy had been silent the whole time. Even when Eruhaben drank the water from the vial, he had only expressionlessly threatened the ancient dragon and made him drink the water with a stoic face.

Even when the sealed god's temple had been brought down, his face had been cold. Even when it had been destroyed, there was not even a speck of emotion.

And now, this bastard was saying that he was going somewhere? Somewhere? Based on his wording, it was clear that he wasn't even planning on telling them where he was going to go.