Week Five

"Joey, look. I told you, you aren't getting that ring back." YN insisted, holding the phone between her shoulder and her ear as she scanned the cereals on the shelf. "I took it to a pawn shop already. If you want, I can text you the shop and you can rebuy it?"

YN pulled the phone away from her ear as Joey screamed down the line, the woman unfazed as she narrowed her eyes at the Cheerios.

"Three bucks? Bargain." She whispered, nodding her head in approval.

"What? Are you shopping right now?" YN's lips pressed into a thin line as she groaned. "Are you serious? I'm trying to have an adult conversation with you."

"Are you? Because right now it sounds like you're using this call to whine about things I can't help with." As she spoke, YN locked eyes with a brunette that rounded the corner, his blue eyes crinkling as he sent her a surprised smile. "Look, I gotta go. You're taking up my valuable... shopping time."

"YN-"

"Joey. Just fuck off." Bucky laughed as they met in the middle of the isle, each with their respective baskets in hand. "Hi, James."

"YN, good to see you." YN nodded, smiling up at the tall man. "That your ex again?" YN nodded again, shrugging her shoulders. "Still want his ring back?"

"Yep." YN laughed, tipping her head back just the way Bucky loved watching her do. "He's too little too late though, pawned it yesterday morning." Bucky chuckled, shaking his head. "What are you up to?"

Bucky looked around, making YN frown. "Well, considering we're at the supermarket... grocery shopping." YN stared blankly at the brunette, blinking slowly.

"I don't like that you're comfortable with me now. You're mean." Bucky laughed, following her as she turned on her foot.

"Don't be like that, you love my company." YN nodded, letting a smile slip onto her face.

"Sure, sure." They continued down the aisle, both stopping to grab a carton of milk. "So, how's your sleep diary coming along?"

"Yeah, good I guess." YN nodded, making sure Bucky knew she was listening to him. "It's been good to get it all out as soon as it happens, and I've noticed I've been getting back to sleep much quicker."

"That's really good, James." YN smiled stopping in front of the juice to gaze at the selection. "I'm glad it's helping you, if only slightly." Bucky nodded, picking his own juice out and putting it in the cart.

"Everything you've done has been one step closer to being fixed completely." YN sighed, stopping to look up at the brunette man, his eyes dancing between her own.

"You don't need fixing, James." Bucky frowned, licking his lips. "You just need a little help moving on. There's nothing wrong with you."

"You have to say that, you're my therapist." YN chuckled, shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't have to say anything." Bucky watched her step away, a lingering smile on her plump lips. "Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, James. I'll see you tomorrow." Bucky nodded, his eyes trained on YN's back as she rounded a corner with one last smile.

Sighing, Bucky finished his shopping, making sure to get everything on the list that Steve wanted, as well as some unspoken necessities. Like Steve's chocolate wafers that he didn't think Bucky noticed him devouring late at night.

When he got back to their apartment, Steve was leaning against the counter, his phone in his hand and a frown on his face. "Hey, pal." He said, not lifting his gaze to meet Bucky's as he entered.