˗ˏˋ 19. BACKDOOR OPEN ! 'ˎ˗

Start from the beginning

She closed the door to the loft slowly and cautiously almost like she was trying to hide someone or something. "Don't go please," she whispered to him eyes watering as she spoke to him.

"Man what the fuck goin on?"

"Dayvon, do you love me? And please don't ask why just say yes or no. Please." She pleaded.

Von was quiet for a moment. "Yeah, why?" He was lying straight out his ass for no reason.

"Can you say it, please. I just need to hear it, even if you don't mean it can you say it like you do...please?" She wiped under her eyes with her left hand, careful not to mess up her dramatic eye make up. Grabbing Von's hand with her right.

"I love you B. What's wrong bro? Is you pregnant too? Man, ima kill myself—"

"No I'm not pregnant, listen, Doodie is in there," She whispered to him.

"You fuckin a pedophile?"

"No! He's in there because he's trying to kill you Von!"

"You was finna backdoor me Bree?" Von asked furrowing his brows. "Thats fucked up, G. Everything I do fa you?"

"That's why I couldn't go through with it!" She cried. "You've done some real fucked up shit to me Von, but I would never!"

Von gave her a look before pushing her aside and slowly opening the door, sliding his gun from his waistband he cocked it back before heading inside the lost. No safety cause for what? He inched his way into the loft, quietly creeping around. Rustling came from the utility closet near the bathroom. Pulling the door open he spotted Doodie completely off guard. "What the fu—"

Using his glock he slapped him right across the face, the blow sending Doodie into a state of shock. Von was hot, his blood was boiling. He didn't even need a gun for Doodie, he could Jill him with his bare hands.

Doodie, fought back with all his might but quickly resorted to using his gun. Aim off and completely out of order, a bullet found its way into Von's forearm causing him to clutch his arm instinctively. But Doodie didn't get away completely unscathed. Von's aim was always impeccable and he knew that from when they went on hits together, he was always the one with the bodies anyways. Doodie escaped with a smoking hole in his stomach, coughing and heaving as he took the staircase the elevator was too risky to wait on.

Von leaned up the walls for a moment, mustering up enough adrenaline to get out of the loft and head to his car. "Are you okay? Dayvon!" He heard Bree calling after him as he cursed making his way to the elevators, clutching his bleeding arm. The doors opened, a small white boy and his two parents inside. They all looked at him wide eyed and concerned. He slowly walked in watching them slowly moving into the corner as he pushed the lower level button.

"Sir, you're bleeding. Like a lot." The husband added looking over at Von skeptically. Von removed his hand over the wound making the little boy dry gag.

"You can stitch this shit up?" he asked him noticing the white lab coat he was wearing.

• • •

Egypt McKenzie Wright.
Chicago, Il.
August 15th.