Melatonin

[This episode contains ⚠️GORE⚠️. Please read at your own convenience. ]

Your eyes opened.

Right before you; was a bleeding girl. Her arms wrapped around her stomach and her eyes glistened with tears. There was a smile plastered on her lips, screaming that she was fine but the view contradicted that.

"Run, please. Don't let them get you." She whispered while making eye contact with you.

"No! What happened ma'am? Please tell me what happened?" You frantically searched around in your brown leather bag to find medicine, bandages, or something.

"I regenerate, you do not. NPC's never regenerate. Go!" She shouted turning around. It seemed she was searching for something. She gave up looking and made eye contact with you yet again. Her eyes were now dripping with blood, not tears.

"Ma'am! What happened, you're bleeding. Oh god, you're bleeding out of your eyes! We need to get you to safety!" Her eyes fluttered as she rested her head on the ground. You tried to pick her up when you noticed a large group of creatures in the distance.

"What the-" Your eyes widened, they were getting closer. You put all your strength into your arms and picked her up. You now had her on your back and you were bolting down a hallway with green doors and white bricks, the lights were spaced out and would occasionally flicker.

You made it to a door that said "Emergency Care" you pushed it open and shut it behind you. The creatures began to bang on the door but after a while they stopped.

You walked around the room and placed the girl on a metal table with cloth over it.  You began to  observe her state a little better. Her hair was blue and her raincoat was yellow but it had blood stains splattered all over it. She was skinny and her skin looked almost wax like, the blood loss.

You saw the shimmer of a metal table in the corner and saw a first aid box sitting on top of it. You grabbed it off the table and looked inside. Bandages and cotton balls.

You walked back over to the girl and pulled her shirt up to her stomach, making sure not to reveal anything. You saw the wound and gagged. Her organs weren't showing, but had she been cut any deeper they would've practically fallen out. You weren't a doctor, you didn't know what you were doing, so you did the only reasonable thing there was to do. You went with your gut and instinct.

You put cotton balls in the wound and you wrapped her stomach with the bandages. The bleeding didn't stop but it wasn't gushing out like it was before. You hoped this would work, you didn't know where you were but she did she was your ticket out of this place. You sat down next to the table exhausted and scared. You fell asleep soon after.

You woke up to the sound of the door opening. You opened your eyes to see the girl walk in. You stood up as quickly as you could and ran over to her.

"Ma'am you have to lay down! It's not safe for you to walk around, you're injured remember?" You moved in a panic trying to get her to sit down.

She giggled, "Oh I am fine, like I said earlier, I regenerate!" She gave you a grin and jumped around.

"What? That's not possible-" You added.

"I am a player. That means no matter how many times I die or get injured, I always come back!"

You looked down to see her raincoat no longer had bloodstains on it and her skin was no longer pale. You were amazed. That means what she was saying was true, she was able to regenerate.

You freaked out and your eyes rolled back into your head. Your body fell onto the ground.

You were out.

Cold.