ix. 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐢 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫?

Start from the beginning

"Could you show me? I'm incapable of finding the bathroom, apparently." Will huffed and spoke loudly, so Mike could hear.

Peter gave Mike a clear glare as he let El's hand go and stood up. "Be right back."

Peter and Will walked off before the Byers boy spoke up. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Peter said honestly as they walked down the hallway. "It's just right there."

"I don't have to go." Will shook his head as he stopped. "Mike made me talk to you so he could go talk to El."

Peter gave a nod as he crossed his arms. "I figured. He wasn't very subtle."

"Never is." Will agreed. "He isn't always that mean. He just thinks you're trying to steal El away."

"I'm not stealing her. It isn't my fault if she wants to be around me." Peter said honestly, but realized it came out arrogant. "I just mean that if she wants to hang out with me, then it's not like i'm making her. We get along good together, we're friends. I hate that he's making me seem like i'm being a creep or something."

"Think he should just get over it." Will said honestly as his eyes widened. "I didn't mean that."

"I think he should get over it too." Peter agreed as Will gave a small look of relief. "I mean, I know it's his first girlfriend and everything, and El's super great and it would suck to loose her. But she dumped him. At some point, people have to move on."

Will shrugged. "Maybe it's easier said then done."

Peter blinked as he looked at him, watching his face redden and look to the side. Peter noticed it, he knew it. "Do you know my brother?"

Will shrugged. "He's older then us, isn't he?"

Peter nodded. "By a year. He liked someone, someone really cool and one of his best friends. The person, they moved away."

Person, they. Why wasn't he saying her? She? A name? What was Peter trying to tell Will about his brother?

"Do you want me to tell Mike that?" Will asked him honestly, because what else could he be insisting.

"No, i'm not-" Peter began to explain before he sighed. "What i'm saying is that Wesley, even though I shouldn't be telling you this, he really loved someone. And if you love someones, someone like Wesley did, that it would be okay."

Will understood then, blinking his way as he looked down. "Wesley sounds like a good person."

"He is." Peter nodded his head. "You should meet him."

Will had to give him a smile. "Thanks."

Peter shrugged. "Thanks for what?"

Will have a faint look. Thanks for not judging me and saying what I finally wanted to hear. "Just, thanks."

"So, Mike and El." Peter spoke up again, knowing if Will some what shared a secret with him that Peter could at least ask. "Do you think they'll get back together?"

Will frowned his eyebrows. "I don't know. Maybe."

Peter swayed his foot slightly. "Strong maybe or.."

"Do you not want them to?" the shorter boy question.

"I don't know." Peter said defensively. "I mean, if it makes her happy but I don't want our friendship to be ruined because Mike hates me."

Will wanted to laugh. "He only hates you because you scare him."

"Scare him?" Peter gave an odd look. "Why do I scare Michael Wheeler?"

"Because you're Peter Clarke." Will shrugged. "And he thinks you're cooler then him. He think El will choose you over him."

Peter gave a slight frown. "Mikes kinda better then me, actually."

"Why?" he asked.

"Look around." Peter said honestly as he sighed slightly, a saddening look in his eye. "He's got all of you. His real friends. You guys aren't friends with him because you think it'll make you look cool or popular. You guys just care about each other. Mike has so many people that care and actually like him. I didn't have anyone but my brother until I met El and Max."

Will frowned, because like the rest of them, he didn't think that way. "I'm glad you didn't want to be friends with the other people at school."

Peter nodded his head. "I'd rather die then have to pretend to be best friends with uneducated assholes that don't know anything."

"Me too." Will agreed. "Lucas is enough."

Peter laughed before the pair looked up, the lights starting to blink tremendously. Peter gave a worried look, hurrying back to the hallway as Will followed close after. El already met him around the corner, the pair nearly bumping into each other. "Okay?"

Peter nodded. "Are you?"

She nodded as well as they all looked back at Will quickly. Peter held El's arms tightly as he looked around in worry.

"He's here." Will confirmed as he touched the back of his neck.

"We should go." Peter spoke up quickly as the group all hurried down the hallway together, ignoring the nurse that was calling for them to come back. El took the lead, Peter and Mike close behind her, the party all crowding together as they hurried up the stairs. The sound of metal hitting metal filled their ears.

"It's echoing, I don't know which way it's coming from." Mike looked up.

Peter pushed a finger into one of his ears, listening closely before looking right. "This way."

"What?" Mike asked.

"It's this way!" Peter yelled as he ran off, El following after as they each followed immediately. As Peter suspected, they came across Jonathan hitting the door with a fire extinguisher. El hurried forward, giving Peter a push to get him out of the way behind using her powers to throw the door off.

A giant, slug like, creature turned their way, breathing heavily in their direction. Peters eyes widened from behind El.

"What the f-" Max began before the creature shrieked loudly. As he came their way, El yelled as she used her powers to slam it against one wall, then the next, doing that a few times before to the ceiling and floor.

She backed up some as the creature came at them again, yelling once more before throwing it out of the small window. Peter caught El as she stumbled slightly. "You're okay?"

She nodded quickly as they all began to run outside to catch it, Jonathan speeding past them to get to Nancy immediately.

kylie speaks

debating if i should
let byler happen in s4
or just straight up leave
mike loverless and have
wesley and will become
cannon so clarkpper can
get their endgame eventually.

sorry it's taken me so long to
update! i went on a writing
slump but i'm out of it now!

sorry it's taken me so long toupdate! i went on a writing slump but i'm out of it now!