²⁶ Called It

Começar do início

"Where's Hop?" her voice was shaky when she didn't see the man she thought of like another father.

El walked over, close to the two girls, the question on her mind also.

Imogen stumbled up to her feet, ignoring the help from Robin, she took a spot next to El.

"Where is he?" El asked, looking up at the older girl with teary eyes, scared that maybe, maybe she lost the only father that cared for her.

Imogen scanned the lot, locking eyes with Joyce. They didn't hold eye contact for long, Imogen's attention being focused on the group of military men walking out the building.

Imogen's face pulled into a smile when she saw Hopper.

He was beaten and bruised, but he was alive, being escorted out of the mall, Murray by his side.

El limped over to the man, bringing him into the tightest hug she could form, crying into the man's chest as he kissed her head.

Imogen watched, squeezing Robin's hand in hers, the two girls sharing a soft smile.

"So it's really over," Steve spoke up, standing on Imogen's other side.

Imogen looked at her brother, a grin taking over her face when she saw Billy standing next to Steve. "Yeah."

Billy gave her a soft smile back, his brows furrowing when he sees Steve and Robin sharing facial expressions, Robin shaking her head with wide eyes.

Imogen laughed, "It's gonna take a long time to go back to normal."

Everyone was safe.

Ivan and Margie showed up at the mall, horror on their faces, wondering what the hell had happened.

"My babies!" Margie cried out, running up to Imogen and Steve, hugging them tightly.

Robin and Billy share an awkward glance.

"Are you two okay?" Margie pulled back, one hand cupping Imogen's cheek, the other cupping Steve's.

"We're fine, mom." the siblings say in unison.

Ivan gave them a smile, kissing both of them on the head before going over to talk to Hopper to ask him what happened.

Margie let go of her kids, glancing at the two behind them.

"Billy!" the woman smiled brightly, nudging her kids out the way.

Steve and Imogen share a look.

Margie cupped Billy's cheeks in her hands, "Are you okay, sweetie?"

Billy swallowed, trying to hold back tears at the caring touch. "I'm good, Mrs. Harrington."

A tear fell down his cheek, Margie coos, wiping it away, pulling the boy into a hug.

"Don't forget about me!" Imogen laughed, joining the hug making Billy chuckle and pull back from the embrace.

Margie kissed her daughter's forehead before her eyes went to Robin. "And you... must be Robin!"

Robin froze, gaping and looking between the Harrington siblings for guidance. "I--yeah."

Margie stepped up to the girl. "We've never officially met. Which is crazy because I should have met the girl that makes my baby so happy."

Imogen tightly smiles when her mother gave her a pointed look.

Robin glanced at Imogen, a blush coating her cheeks, gasping when Margie hugged her.